Chapter 7

A/N: I'm so sorry for the wait! I didn't mean it too take so long sorry....

Also thank you for the 200+ views! it means so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Max View -

 I Woke up in Davids cabin. It was fairly comfortable. I look down. 

  "fuck" I whisper under my breath. David had seen me in such a vulnerable state. And he got me Mr.Honeynuts from my tent at night. Well damn he saw me cuddled up to my bear. I Face palm.

  " God , what was I thinking?" I asked myself.

  I look around. I don't see the annoyingly happy David Any where. I'd never admit it ,but I wanted to see him. I sit up only to hear the door of the cabin open. It was David.

  - Third Person -

 David had some of what the quarter master called food in his hands.

  "Since you were asleep and all I got you some breakfast" David smiled handing Max the food. Max yawned taking it from David. Max picked at it.

 " Aren't yeah gonna eat that bud?" David asked with a questioning face.

  " Hell no" Max respond pushing it away. Max just sat there staring.

  " language! and how could you have not eaten the food all of camp?" David asked sitting at the end of the bed.

  " uh- I- I stole from the stupid pantry" Max said looking at david.

  " oh, alright? well were going to be having ice cream today and one last hike! then ill leave the campers to do what they want! sound good Max?"

  " Ice Cream sounds fun." Max said with a eye roll and small smirk. 

Max got up stretching and hid Mr.honeynuts in his hoodie pocket. And made his way back to his tent to put his bear away. He soon Returned. His thoughts differed from his expression. Max was quite scared and worried.

  Max Made his way over to Nikki And Neil.

and sat next to them listening to there conversion but soon started to drift into his own thoughts. 

Max breath quickened as he thought about how it would be like back at home. He didn't want to go back. Max grabbed his chest and flicked back to the real world.

  Nikki and Neil had not noticed.

  This put max at ease. Soon David called the campers over to himself. He gave each camper their own small ice cream.

Max was last and David gave the last and special ice cream to max. Max Gave a small smile. Max went over to Nikki and Neil. Nikki spouted first.

  " hey why do you get a special ice cream?" Nikki asked with a pout. Max looked up in a little confused daze.

 " oh me an- I just snuck it in , uh , duh!" Max stumbled a little. Nikki gave him a questioning look.

  " Max you alright? you seem a little different" Neil said in his usual nervous tone. Max gave Neil his annoyed glare.

 " Shut.The.Fuck.Up" Max said with a death glare. Neil quickly backed down realizing Max was still Max. Neil , Max and Nikki continued there conversions as usual. 

Max slowly started to think about his parents and returning home. Max started to get choked up at the memories. But he held him self together. 

Max just left Nikki and Neil and went out side of the mess hall. Nikki and Neil glanced weird at him as he left.

 Max sits his back against the mess hall. Max sighed as a tear crept at his eye. Max thought to him self 

' I don't wanna go back to that hell hole, i don't hate this camp as much as that place , my parents are ass holes ' tears stared to trickle down Max's face. as he hunched over clenching his legs tightly to his body.

 ' when i'm home they ignore me... and when the do notice me , i guess i'm there personal punching bag' Max sniffled and wiped his eyes trying to hold it together. he let out a sigh taking a bit of the ice cream. He got up only to be faces with a surprised David. Max jumped back a little.

  " the fuck you want Dav-id" Max said in his usual voice , but cracking a little at the end. Max expected David to scold him about his language. Instead David just gave Max a hug.

  " Oh Max , its alright, I didn't know.." Max looked at David with a confused expression. Max covered his mouth , realizing he had whispered some of the words. Max had a fearful look in his eyes , and he mustered a worrying smile.

  " D-David! its fine i was - I - uh -w-was just upset about having to leave i was making that stuff up , heh" He said in a unconvincing worried voice. Davids eyes filled with worry and sorrow. He held Max closer. Max sighed.

  " I never wanted you to find out" Max said give David a hug back. Since no one was around he didn't care if he looked vulnerable , he just need the warmth of a hug of some one who cared.

 " well.. Max .. I'm glad you did." David said before realizing his hug. He Gave Max a soft comforting smile. 

  " now go and eat your ice cream with your friends" David said as he ruffled Max's hair. 

  " thanks Dad-David" Max quickly corrected himself after giving David a leg hug and heading back to the mess hall wiping his tears. But now David had a mission.

  He must not let Max go back....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~  ~ ~~~  ~ ~ ~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~~~~   ~~ ~ ~~~

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I tried to make it longer than usual! its almost double length! to apologize for the short one last  time. and sorry for the long wait! Ill get the next one out soon!

( almost 1000 words!)

see yeah soon!