Twenty two .2

Barry sped back home, finding Caitlin sobbing with mixed emotions on the floor holding her stomach.

"Caitlin?" He said rushing to her side.

"Why does it have to be so hard, Barry," she put her head on his shoulder. "Why is it so hard for us to give our child a normal life."

"We just don't live in a normal world, like everybody else," Barry replied holding her close. "But just because he or she is going to have a time-traveling dad and a snow queen mother doesn't mean they aren't going to have the most amazing loving family ever."

"Hmm," Caitlin mumbled in agreement. Barry could tell this was more than just the future of their child. It was her past.

"What happened with your uncle?" Barry asked.

Caitlin stayed silent for a moment, running through her mind what she had always done for everything. Debate whether or not share what was troubling her. Which she known set her back. But she was a doctor, her job was to help others. But Barry was her child's father and she loved him.

"Turns out... baby flash has an Uncle," Caitlin sounded sarcastically happy.

"Oh, that's big," Barry replied, "but whats so bad about that? More family more love."

"Not when you've found out your family has been lying to you for years," Caitlin responded.

She began pouring out to Barry the events of earlier today. It was the first time she had spoken to Barry deeply about her father. She spoke about how on the way home she considered stopping by her mother's, and tell her everything. But she would probably deny it.

"When I left, Charlie gave me that," Caitlin finished pointing at the box she had thrown to one side of the room.

Barry stood up to get it and sat back down next to her, opening the box. Inside was a two DVR tapes, one labeled memories, and the other To Caitlin.

Barry looked at Caitlin waiting for a nod of confirmation to play a tape. He then put in the one To Caitlin into the tv...

____________________

Sorry for the short chapter. Also, sorry for the drift away from the main conflict/villain, Godspeed. Just wanted to develop Caitlin's character more, unlike the current CW DC TV writers, as well as many other neglected characters. I'll probably try to incorporate this story arch into the main story.