Despite the lingering feeling of doubt in the back of my mind, I am absolutely sure that whatever reason she has if she really lied to me, she must have been done it out of her will.

And plus its really obvious that she was desperate at the time, so I'm deciding to let it go for the time being.

After the little hugging session in the hall, we both bid our farewells to each other before I made my way to class, my heart feeling less heavy and my head much more lighter.

Well, at least for now.

***

The next day, I squealed in delight as I saw Mr Kim's secretary, Shin who is a very serious thirty years old man from Japan that has been working for him for years now, coming out of the familiar black sedan that I have grown accustomed to.

Rushing to him along with my luggage, I immediately threw my arms around him excitedly, "Shin! Its been so long since I saw you and you're still as thin as ever!"

The guy just stood there unmoving after I released him before adjusting his spectacles, "Its been only a month, Miss Lalisa."

I snorted at that and put my hands on my waist while scanning him up and down, "Still sassy as ever, I see."

He doesn't even respond to my statement and instead made a move to pick up the suitcase that I have threw on the road unconsciously while I'm busy trying to smother him before opening the back door for me.

The first time I met Shin, I was actually super cautious with him because of his quiet and uptight exterior but as time went by and I spent a lot of time with him, I learned that he's actually a very nice man who can be funny when he wants to but also can be closed off sometimes because of his introvert attributes.

When he was with me however, he tends to change into some kind of guardian who can be a little too protective sometimes, making me look at him as some annoying big brother that I never had.

I just shook my head at him before making my way into the car, "Is Mr Kim home?"

"Not yet. He said that he's going back late tonight.", he answered in the same monotone voice all the while stuffing my luggage into the back of the car.

I nodded at his answer as I watch him enter the driver's seat before proceeding to take us home.

"Mother, I home!", I singsonged as I skipped my way into the family mansion.

The place was quiet for a while except for my loud voice echoing between the empty halls before someone shouted back from upstairs.

"Lisa, is that you?"

Smiling at my mother's voice, I started to climb the large set of stairs one by one, taking my time to look around for a while to see that nothing has changed and that everything was still right where it was.

Arriving on the first floor where my mother's room was situated, I walked slowly in hopes that I could surprise her when someone jumped in front of me, knocking my body backwards in the process.

I groaned as my body met the cold hard floor before opening my eyes to see my mother's grinning face hovering over me.

"Mom, that hurts!", I complained to her while rubbing my sore ass.

She just grinned at me before making a move to help me up.

"That's for not calling your mother even once since you left the house.", she shot back at me cheekily.

I looked at her in disbelief before defending myself, "I called you every week! You're the one who didn't answer."

She narrowed her eyes at me and pretended to think about it before shrugging, "Well, you're the one who called me at the wrong time. You're still at fault here.", she said smugly while pointing her finger at me.