Chapter Forty One

This banner is amazing, thank you so much to moonnighttides for sending this in!! (:

Word Count: 1743

~Faye

T kept strong to his promise. He isn't leaving my side.

The power wrapped around my mind lead me down the stairs, and out of my home. T kept a grasp on my hand, in case I made a run for it. As much as he is trying to stay strong right now, I can see the frown lines etched into his features, highlighted by the moonlight that guides us down the stairs.

At least the power didn't force me into a moving vehicle, which I hope means we won't be straying far. If this person is in my Pack, I need to deal with it right now, before they become a danger to the members who live here.

"Where do you think we are going?" I ask blindly, knowing the foolishness of the question, as we work our way down a familiar path T himself must have taken to get to my estate before.

Fear has such a tight grip on me, I just need a little justification.

"I think whoever is doing this to you finally wants to meet you," T says, squeezing my hand warmly. Somehow, he makes it seem like we are strolling toward a quaint tea party rather than our potential death.

"They have tried to kill me," I tell him sardonically. "What's not to say they are going to do that right now?"

T takes in a deep breath, staring out into the darkness, littered with blinking lights from the nearest village. "I'm here. And so is Thought."

"And if this is a trap?" I say ariely, knowing full well that it is completely possible for us to be walking into something we won't get out of. Despite T harbouring two extremely powerful immortals stuck in his head, I'm unsure how willing they would be to help in a dire situation. "Anything could happen."

"Whatever happens, we are going to be okay," he tells me smoothly, the look in his eyes subdued. It's an act, though. He can pretend for my sake, but I know he's as worried as I am. "You should relax, this could mean the end to all this torment in your mind."

"Maybe you're right."

"I don't know your Pack particularly well. Do you happen to know where we are going?" T questions.

T clearly isn't aware of this path in the dark. He lives off the path at some point, but I have a feeling that's not where we are going. In the distance, I can a nearby village. Populated by member of my Pack. If this involves any of them getting hurt, I will be devastated.

"Towards a nearby village," I inform him. This path continues right through the centre, cutting it in half. It leads to further villages, which are more dispersed and agriculture based. "We could be walking through it though."

We keep walking in silence, one foot being forced in front of the other.

All of a sudden, an idea seems to come into T's mind. "Why do you think this person lead you to my house that time?"

"No idea," I say honestly, remembering the morning I awoke in T's bed. A part of me is thankful for that day, because perhaps if that hadn't happened, we wouldn't be here right now. T may have never let me know we were mates. "Unless it has something to do with us being mates?"

T doesn't seem so convinced by that explanation. Neither am I, but my ideas otherwise, are useless. And I can tell something suddenly inspires him by the way his eyes light up, and not from the approaching village.

"Oh, I think I figured it out."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm assuming they wanted you to find out I had Time and Thought in my head. I had all those papers out, which were Time's. He was trying to figure something out I'm still unaware of, and a part of me feels as though they were trying to key you in," T explains to me.