Chapter Twenty One

This banner is absolutely stunning, you did a great job ParisCantaPineda I love it, thank you! (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Also, a reminder that Alpha Rylan is now available for purchase on Amazon in its published copy!!!

Word Count: 1963

~Faye

I can't explain why, but hearing that hit me right in the chest.

Tayten is plain beautiful. She has the same natural, foreign beauty T has, that has intrigued me the entire time he has been here. When I look at this stranger in front of me, I see her and T being perfect for each other, possibly even being mates. The thought of that, no matter how much I dispute it, has gotten under my skin, and now I can't ignore it.

"We can bring you inside, to see him," I say, my voice shaking slightly, and not from fear of her. I hate myself for feeling this way. T would simply laugh at me for even considering unwanted feelings coming in.

I've fallen right into his plan.

Tayten's dark gaze entwines with mine, and I realise at that moment, she's suspicious. In her position, I would be too, considering how she could only communicate with T through some magically book, which anyone could pick up, including me.

"You're with him, aren't you?" he questions breathily, her expression slightly falling. I instantly acted stunned, but I know exactly what she is referring to. Or, who she is referring to.

"I'm not," I reply carefully. "T and I do not have that kind of relationship."

"It wouldn't surprise me if he fell for you. You are beautiful. If T was here, he would have made a joke about how I'm attracted to both male and females," she says eerily.

Cal and I exchange a glance. "That's okay, Tayten. Just...please, believe me when I say T and I have nothing with each other."

She shakes her head at me, as if my truthful words brush right over her head. T may tease and play around near me, but I know that's his way of using me, getting into my head. I want to explain that to Tayten, but it's as if my mind can't assemble the appropriate words that would make sense to her. It doesn't help that they don't even make sense to myself.

"I can see that you're lying to me," she says, her voice raising slightly. Cal tenses, knowing she might make a move at any second. I can feel the one opportunity slipping out of my fingers already.

"Tayten, listen, we are here to help you. If you tell us who T really is, and why he is here, then we can get him back to you. Alpha Faye is not in a relationship with T, because she is...with me. Please, any information on him would help," Cal says softly, trying to prompt information out of her, without coming off too suspicious.

I send him a burning glare.

"Why wouldn't he tell you? Does he not want to be here? Is he being held captive by you?" she questions, beginning to stand. No, we ruined it.

I take a step forward. "Tayten, you don't understand how important this is. We will let T go, if you are honest with us."

The girl shakes her head, giving us both one last look before she turned, running back down the small hill into the forest. Instantly, Cal follows, with me behind him. He's fast, but so is she. Keeping behind Cal, I try my best to see where Tayten is in front of me. Through the darkness, it's hard to see, but Cal, the expert Huntsman knows exactly what to do.