Chapter Twenty

This banner is so beautiful, and it was made by a friend of mine miaaofficial thank you for this!! (:

If you would like to send your banners or fan art drawings for Faye in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1787

~Faye

My orders to the guard come out in a shaky mess, telling him get as many guards on the scene, as many paramedics as possible. All the while, T simply watches.

"I warned you," he breathes, as the guards leaves, and my attention returns to him.

I'm not sure how I'm handling myself right now, considering how much of a mess I am on the inside. Soon, the guards will be back with a count of those who are dead, from something I can't comprehend right now. Despite my mind crumbling from within, I keep my expression neutral, and my back straight.

T needs to know I'm in control.

"How?" I question, my voice low, levelled, using all my possible self control to stop my tone from trembling. "How did you do it?"

He stays quiet.

"Who works for you?"

It's useless asking questions. He is blank faced now, eyes all searching and no giving, as he monitors my emotions that I'm keeping tightly in check. Every time we are together, it's like a little dance of trust. He draws me in and pushes me back, and we never make any progress. Or at least, I don't in figuring out his motive. Now, at least, I can see what he is capable of.

"I'm sorry," he says softly, before repeating, "but I warned you."

I push away from the table, still remaining as composed as possible. The idea of all my guards, who trained their lives away for mine being dead makes me want to bend over and throw up. I have to stay strong though, because T has done exactly what I needed him to.

He drunk out of his glass. A glass I laced with a fast acting poison that leaves a body paralysed for 24 hours.

And he's noticed it to.

A slight flicker of terror dances across his face, as he attempts to stand, but his knees give out from under him. He falls to the floor, barely catching himself on the table before he completely toppled to the floor. Seeing him struggle to move his limbs in time to his own commands hurts slightly, but it is necessary.

"You asked for this," I say steadily, as his eyes meet mine, completely betrayed and surprised. The surprise is something I relish in. Finally, I got him.

I don't stay around to watch the paralysis completely control his body. Instead, I leave, needing to make the most of these 24 hours without him breathing down my neck, whispering misleading hints and sexual references in my ear.

The moment I step outside, I bump directly into Cal. He has a look of business on his face, the Huntsman here, rather than the personal guard I fired.

"We need to talk," he says sternly, pulling me across the hallway to a place we could talk privately.

"T is taken care of," I tell him.

He nods tightly. This is what I like. He knows that I've lost a lot of my trust for him, but has been trying to win it back in the most professional way possible. It makes my job as Alpha easier to manage when he's not trying to control me. Now, he doesn't have my mother's health to manipulate me with.

"Tayten spoke in the book again," Cal says. I hadn't noticed, but he had it with him, tucked neatly under his arm. He pulls it out, spreading the pages out to where I could properly see the words written on it.