Chapter 1

Jaquana Andrews

Hurts So Good

Copyright, 2014 Jaquana Andrews

JCA publishing.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

YASMIN***

I am in love with you You set me free I can't do this thing Called life without you here with me

My cell phone chimed before I snatched it up. "Hey, bae." It was my husband Bernard calling.

"Hey, Yaz. Milton is coming over for dinner tonight after we close up the gym. Stop by the market & grab lobster, potatoes, & asparagus. We should be there by 8."

Click -

I didn't get a chance to respond before he hung up. I hate when he does that, but I got up from my desk in my home office, and did as I was told. Milton was my husband's colleague, & business partner. I had heard so much about him, but never got the chance to meet him. My husband was obviously a big fan of his. I mean the man could do no wrong in his eyes, so I wasn't going to ruin this in any way.

I called Genesis when I left Randall's, to let her know that I wouldn't be able to do her hair tonight, for her trip to Miami in the morning.

"F**k!" She cursed, obviously pissed. "Yaz, I really hate when you cancel on me last minute! Now what the f**k am I supposed to do?! Finding a stylist in Houston on Sunday, last minute, is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. You should really grow a pair," she added.

I sucked my teeth & let her finish her rant. Genesis was my best friend of 11 years and I loved her dearly. Ever since I married Bernard, we weren't as close as we previously were, & my cancelations lately weren't making things any better.

"I don't have that good sh** like you." She said, frustrated, referring to my hair.

My mom is Italian & my dad was black (so I heard,) and they passed a blessing my way. My long curly hair fell down my back like a waterfall. It had always been an attention grabber, but I honestly hated it.

"You can have it, Gen!" I blurted out, hoping she would stop getting on my case for a minute. I told her about the dinner plans tonight, & that I would make it up to her. "Hell, I'll even buy the hair next time. Just stop, Gen! I can't take it when you're angry with me."

"I'm not angry with you. It's that ass hole you call a husband, Yazmin. You have no say so, ever," she said softly, knowing that my feelings were hurt.

"You know that's not true, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus!!" I had been teasing her about her biblical name from the start, and it always made her laugh. "Your timing is just always off. Kiss Bailey for me. I'll talk to you later." Click-

••••••••

I was taking the roasted potatoes out of the oven when my husband came in, planting kisses down my back. I was wearing my white fitted strapless BeBe dress, & the kisses made me want to hurry up and get this dinner over with. B, stoppppp" I said shyly, and he moved away smiling.

My husband had to be the sexiest man alive next to Idris Elba. He's 9 years older than me for starters. He's a personal trainer, so of course his football build was a given. Pretty white teeth, and standing at 6'1, were all just extra reasons why I loved him. I was only 5'4, so we always had fun if you know what I mean.

I was placing dinner on the table when my husband sat down. "Come on in, Milton," he called out. Milton walked in and I barely looked up, sitting his food in front of him.

"Milton Henderson," he said, hand extended.
I shifted uncomfortably. Fearing retaliation later.

"No one ever told you that you don't shake a woman's hand?" My husband joked.

"Oh, I'm sorryyy" he said dramatically, kissing my hand as I sat. "You're way more beautiful than the pictures, & what B says you are, Yasmin." He dipped the lobster in the garlic butter I prepared, & took a sip of his Sangria.

I finally looked up at him. "Thank you," I smiled.

He and Bernard began their gym talk, & I grew bored already. My husband had trained me, & when he figured I was "fine enough," he abruptly stopped the sessions. I just stayed on a low-to-no carb diet to maintain. I loved my body. I mean I had no waist and a pretty face, but I missed the gym like crazy. I would workout at home while B was working, but it just wasn't the same.

Not to mention, I haven't even been to the gym that he & his colleague opened 6 months ago. I kept doc of Paychecks, memberships, inventory & etc., all from home.
Trophy wife.

"Isn't that right, Yaz?" Bernard asked.

I didn't even know what he was referring to, I just agreed. I was lost in my own thoughts.

"She knows I lift 200 plus! Sh** she's a feather, so that's nothing," he said, waving his hand.

"You're still little league, Bernard, I lift 200 in my sleep," Milton laughed.

"Does that hurt at all?" I asked wincing, trying to join the conversation. I liked to workout, but I felt body building was a little over the top.

"Yeah, but it hurts so good," Milton answered, playfully flexing his muscles . He finished his food a short time later & prepared to leave.

"Alright, Milla-Killa! Roof, roof, roof," my husband barked, as Milton walked out of the house.
I loved his playful side.

"See you tomorrow, B.& thanks for that delicious meal, Yasmin," Milton called over his shoulder.

"No problem, nice meeting you," I said, closing the door.

(PlEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AFTER EACH CHAPTER. Thanks guys, Q.)