THE MORNING-FOUR

DAMARIS
Two weeks later.
"Anything else I can do for you?" I asked, placing the three boxes of shoes in front of some guy in the store. I knelt down to open one of the shoe boxes, and grabbing the Nike Vapormax out of the box so he could try them on.

"Nah," he said "I'm good. I'll let you know if I need anything"

I nodded my head, walking towards Milan who was laughing with a group of niggas. "This ya friend you was talking about?" One of the guys said

"Yeah, this her," Milan said, and smiled "she be on some weird shit, so I have to talk to niggas for her"

I sucked my teeth. "Is she bothering you guys?" I asked. "Is there another shoe you wanted to try on?"

"Nah," The guy said, "but if you want, you could let me hold your number"

I smirked. "No thank you," I stated. "I'm cool"

"Damn," he said "you is pretty though. I just thought that maybe I could take you out, go get some food, and then chill out"

"Thank you um..." I said, and raised my eyebrow

"Aaron"

"Aaron," I said. "But I'm not looking for any type of relationship right now"

Milan sucked her teeth, while the rest of Aaron's friends laughed. "Damaris, just give him your number"

"It's cool," Aaron said "she don't want a relationship, I respect that. We cool right? I didn't want to come off too forward or disrespectful"

I smiled. "Yeah Aaron, you're good"

"She upset over some nigga that be doing her dirty" Milan said.

I rolled my eyes "shut the hell up Milan," I said "you stay telling people my damn business"

"Speaking of..." Milan said, and her voice trailed off. "Rashaud! Casey! What are y'all doing here?" Milan asked, as she walked to the front of the store, giving Casey and Rashaud a hug.

My heart instantly dropped, as I turned away to face Aaron and his friends. "Did you guys want to get any of these shoes? Or try any other ones on?"

"I think I'm finna cop these," one of Aaron's friends said. "But I don't know if I should get the tan, or green"

"Personally, I like the tan since they'd go with more outfits"

"I was thinking the same th- Whats good with you my nigga?" The guy said, as he dapped Casey up.

I looked away as Casey glanced at me, and Milan pulled my arm. "What a surprise?"

"I'm about to go to the back, Milan," I said. "You handle their shoes"

"Apparently Casey and Rashaud are cool with Aaron and his friends," Milan said "I had no clue"

I rolled my eyes, and watched as Casey and Rashaud continues to talk to Aaron and his friends. "Mhmm," I said "I'll catch you once they leave"

I started to walk away, as I felt my arm being grabbed. I turned around to face Rashaud, who was smirking. "And you wasn't about to say hi?" He asked "I haven't heard from you in forever"