THE MORNING-EIGHTEEN

PART ONE

DAMARIS
1:30 PM
"Fuck!" I whispered, waking up from my sleep, thankful I didn't have to deal with that dream anymore.

For the past week, I kept waking up out of my sleep to the same dream. My father was choking me, while Dillon watched in the background. I tried to scream but nothing would come out. I scratched at my fathers arms but that wouldn't affect him. He only smiled while I lost my life.

"Good morning!" Roe said, while opening the door to my room.

She had offered to let me stay in her guest room the night we went bowling. She begged me all night to be her roommate, telling me how much fun we would have, also while getting to know each other better.

During the past four days that I had been here, Roe was pretty cool. I mean, I had already knew that. But living with someone, you're able to see the real them. I had offered to help pay rent, but she told me Chancellor paid for everything.

I asked why they weren't living together, but ultimately she liked to have her own living space too. Plus she liked that Chancellor got her whatever she want.

"Happy Birthday!" She said, bringing a cupcake and candle over to me.

I smiled. "Thank you, Roe," I blew the candle out, before removing it and tasting the icing. "I usually don't like icing, but this is good. Where did you even get a cupcake from?"

"I ordered them for you on Monday," Roe smiled. "There's more on the counter if you want some later. Plus I didn't want to do too much"

"Thank you," I said, and pulled her into a hug. "I really appreciate it"

And I really did. Just the fact that she tried to do something nice for me was all that mattered. "You have any plans today?"

"No," I said, "now that I think about it, I'm a little sad I didn't let y'all throw me a party"

Roe frowned. "It would have been fun, but it doesn't matter. We gonna figure something out" ... "oh! I almost forgot!"

Roe ran out the room and returned with a pink gift bag. "This is yours as well"

"Aww! Roe!" I smiled, pulling out the tissue paper.

There was a small box that was inside the bag. I opened the box, noticing a necklace that had my name spelled out in diamonds. There were two little hearts that were at the end of my name.

"You didn't have to do this!" I said. "This is so pretty!"

Roe raised her eyebrows. "I didn't get that for you, girl," she laughed. "I went out to get the cupcakes this morning and this was on the porch"

"Huh?" I asked "Maybe Aaron left it?"

"I don't know you can ask him if he did"

"Wait," I said, noticing a small card. I pulled it out to show Roe, while she waited for me to read. "It says: Happy Birthday Maris, I hope all your dreams come true. I miss us and just know I'll always love you. We locked in forever."

"Who the fuck?" Roe asked

"Exactly," I answered. "It's most definitely not Aaron, because we haven't said that we loved each other yet, and I just saw him two days ago so he can't miss me like that"

"I don't want to bring them up but what if it's your dad, or Dillon?"

Roe had knew about the situation that happened with my father. Being around her made me feel like I could trust her with certain situations in my life, and the recent incident with him was one of them.