chapter 8

Asalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah👋what's up people?....

Prayer is all our lost loved ones need from us. So we should all endeavor to keep them in our prayers at all times. May every good soul rest in jannatul firdaus, Ameen🙏🏾

Happy 6th Duh'l-hijja 2020🙂 grab your popcorn🍿and sweet stuff and enjoy reading😘

_______________________

"Wait....wait....this is him?" Batoul asked and I nodded before looking away but was soon smacked on the shoulders.

"What was that for Batoul?" I frown at her.

"Your family is begging you to marry this guy, and you're refusing? Are you well at all?"she exclaimed filling my forehead with her hands to make sure I was actually well.

"Stop!" I swatted her hands away.

"This man is the epitome of beauty. Absolutely gorgeous!. I mean....just look at him, his tall and handsome and he looks like he doesn't lack in the muscles department. "She gestured to the picture on her phone. When I broke the news to my friends they couldn't believe it. Batoul, especially, She had to go sniff out Farouk's Instagram page just to get a look of him.

"My god Batoul, you can be really irritating sometimes" Fadila exclaimed with a look of disgust on her face.

"What?... I'm just stating facts. Honestly, I don't know why she's turning his proposal down, what does she have to lose?" she finished and In all honesty, I didn't have anything to lose. I just couldn't believe out of all the people my father could choose from, he chose Farouk maccido and besides, it wasn't like I was keen with the ridiculous idea of marrying a total stranger. I don't know from where all this came from, I sighed heavily as I remembered my mother's words.

"And with your consent, they would want to come and ask for your hand officially. Your father and I have talked about this several times before he passed and I agree with his decision" she smiled.

"What?......No!" I was dumbfounded.

"You need to Calm down Aneesa. We are not asking you to make a decision now, we would rather you sleep on it. Marriage is not something you decide about in one day" I stared at ya Alamin. This is the first time we are having a conversation of more than five words.

"How do you expect me to calm down? You both just abruptly revealed this to me and you expect me not to panic?" I felt my face heat up in anger. We'd barely said a word to each other for months and now they suddenly flood me with all this...and they expect me to take it?. I couldn't and will not!.

"I am not getting married now, it is not one of my priorities and much less to someone of your choosing" I spat before I stood up and stormed off. It seemed lately every conversation with mama and ya Alamin ended in me storming out the room. I reverted back to being a ghost again but this time, I barely left the confines of my room. The house was practically empty anyways. It was only mama and I everyone else was gone. Ameera had gone back to school for her final mock exams, even though she'll be done by next week while my cousins and aunties had gone back to their various houses. I felt alone until I couldn't take it anymore and finally broke the news to my friends.

"It's not like I have anything to lose. I just...don't understand why the sudden need for me to get married and to him! They couldn't even ask if I had someone in mind already" I exclaimed.

"Now I understand where this is going" Fadila sighed and I frowned at her but I didn't reply. The room fell silent for a moment.

"Have you told him yet?" She broke the silence. I leaned back into the headboard of my bed and turned my face to the ceiling before I let out a sigh of my own.