Chapter 2

I enjoyed the swirls of the cool breeze around me and the rays of the yellow sun shining on my face as I walked the ten minutes walk from my house to Amina Batoul's. I always cherish the little opportunities I get to walk, I loved it. It was a time I felt I get to recollect my thoughts and internal battles. Perhaps, it was my own way of self therapy.

Luckily for me today, I was wearing my favorite silk kimono, it was very free and comfortable to walk in. I had designed it from some of the leftover pink and blue atampha I had. The silk was in a very dark shade of black it had most of the atampha at the edges and at the sleeves. I absolutely loved it because it was flowy.  A fact, I love everything flowy. I remember how I stayed up almost half of the night just trying to figure out how to make it

I pushed open the gate to their house meeting Amina batoul's younger twin brothers, Amir and Abba. Amina batoul had three brothers making her the only female child.

"Asalam salam" I cooed with a smile.

"wa alaikumul salam" they both said in union.

"Yaya Anee"Abba said running up to me.

"Ahh, my choco, how are you?" i said hugging my baby.

"fine, fine" he replied with a giggle which also made me giggle.

"Yaya Aneesa, no sweets?"Amir, the king of sugar

"See you, with this your fat cheeks" I squeezed his squishy cheeks. "don't you get tired of eating sweets all the time?"

"No,No never" he shook his head left to right.

"Okay" I chuckled. "Next time I'm coming, I'll bring a whole truck load of sweets but It not a promise"

"Oh Noo, you have to promise, pinky promise " he said

"Okay fine" I sighed joining my own pinky with his.

"woman!" I sang walking into Batoul's room.

"O. M. G! Aneesa" Batoul screamed running up to me.

She hugged me tight draining all the air out of me. I don't know why this girl is so freaking dramatic!.

"let me go, before you hug me to death" I Screamed at her.

"sorry, it's just that am so happy to see you" she said letting me go.

"yeah...... Right" I said sarcastically, flopping down on her bed.

Her room hadn't changed at all, it still had the purple and white oil paint, her wooden brown vanity was still at the right side of her bed close to the window, her large wardrobe at the left side of the bed And The gigantic shoe rack stood at the left side of the door, I couldn't understand the oddity she had for footwear.  

"did you get more shoes?, because the last time I was here they weren't that much.........,you definitely got more shoes" I asked and concluded with a teasing smile on my face.

"Hey, where's fadils?. Is she still coming?"

"Yeah, we spoke and she said she had to pick Auntie Nasira's kids from school first"

We kept on talking about rubbish and what not without the realization that it was time for zuhur (afternoon prayers). At that moment fadila walked in.

"Oh my Neesa, I've missed you gravely. You left me" she cooed as we hugged.

"You left me all alone with this basket case" she finished as she pulled away and I laugh at her statement.

"Aww, I'm sorry" I cooed also. "I know batoul can be quite a handful but I bet it wasn't that bad" I reckoned.

"Oh trust me, it was bad. But all that is over now since you're here"