Chapter 3

~The Past~

"Come on, dearie it isn't that hard." Rumplestiltskin said.

"It's harder than it looks." I said turning to him. I looked back at the target and tried to aim for the bullzeye again. I missed again and again. "I can't do it."

"Yes, you can. You just have to believe in yourself." He said. He came up to me and took the bow out of my hand. "You need to relax, you're putting too much thought into this. Just aim the bow and don't even think about hitting the target."

"Okay." I said. I relaxed my shoulders and just aimed the bow. I took a deep breath and released the arrow. I watched as the arrow it the bulzeye. "I did it."

"I told you, dearie."

"Thank you." I said.

"Now do it again." He said. I did it over and over again until there were 5 arrows in the bullzeye. "Good job, now we are going to do something different." He used his magic to put a blindfold on me.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Well you're going to do it again but blindfolded." He said. He did the really creepy laugh again, "That laugh really creeps me out."

"Don't think about my laugh and just think about hitting the target."

"How do I do that when I can't see the target?"

"It's just like before but without your sight. You've hit so many times before that your mind will remember where it is."

"You're putting a lot of faith in me, dearie." I said.

He laughed, "Just relax."

I relaxed once again and tried to remember where the target was. After a while trying to figure out where it would be, I trusted my gut and I let go of the arrow. I took off the blindfold once I heard the arrow hit something.

"You did it." Rumplestiltskin said.

"I guess I did." I said. "Why do you care if I can shoot a arrow blindfold?"

"It might be handy later in life." He said.

"Maybe." I said. I looked over at the window and sighed.

"Don't think about your family." He said. "You wouldn't even know how to shoot a arrow if it wasn't for me."

"I guess so." I said.

"Now go and make dinner." He said. "I'll clean up the mess here."

"Okay." I said. I looked back at him, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For saving me from being in that family." I said. "I never liked being in Snow's shadow."

"Your welcome. Weren't you older than Snow?"

"Yes, but my parents always loved her more. When I accomplished something it was like they didn't even care, but when she did something they basically had a party for her. I never once felt like I was loved by my own family." I said. "I was never happy there and once you took me out of that palace I felt more free."

"But you were taken from your whole family. How aren't you mad at me?" Rumplestiltskin asked.

"How can I be mad at you? I actually feel like I am needed here than there." I said.

"Winter, dearie, I have never been good to anyone. Not even to my old son, but I feel like I act differently to you than to anyone else. I am usually a selfish crocodile." He said. "I only took you to get something from your parents."

"You're selfish but only because you're hurting. Maybe you act differently to me because you feel like I am a 'replacement' for your son." I said. "I know I will never replace your son but I feel like I am the same age as your son before he left."

"How did you know that?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said.

"Go make dinner. We'll talk later." He said. I nodded my head and started walking away. "Winter, I think it does feel like you're like the replacement for Bae." He said.

"I will never replace Bae. I'm just filling in." I laughed. "I've definitely changed too."

"We'll talk later." He said.

~Present~

"Winter?" Pan asked. "Can I talk to you?"

"I guess." I said.

"You keep on surprising me Winter." He said.

"And is that a good thing?" I asked.

"Well no one really surprises me, so it is a good thing." He said.

"Okay. Are we done talking?" I said. I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm. Before he could pull me in I flipped him, and he landed on his back.

"How did you do that?" He asked.

"I just flipped your arm. It isn't that hard." I said.

"No one flips me." He said. "No one has a chance to."

"Well I guess there is a first time for everything." I said. I bent down. "Plus it is easy to flip someone who is extremely weak."

"Put her in the cage." He screamed. Suddenly the lost boys came out and held my arms back. I beat up every lost boy who came at me and it seemed like Pan got mader and mader everytime. He then grabbed my arm and threw me in the cage. "Do you not like this?"

"I have been through hell. This doesn't scare me. You don't scare me." I said.

"Oh but you should be scared of me." He said. I started laughing. "What's so funny?"

"It is just funny how you think you're scary. You have no idea what I have bloody been through, and I won't be made fun of by a child who takes people for his own purposes. Pan you don't care for anyone but yourself. You only have the lost boys so you're not lonely. You need to grow up to see that everyone is miserable here. You don't get to scare me if I don't allow you too." I said. Everyone stared at me in shock.

Pan just left me up in the cage, "You won't get out of there until you apologize."

"What do you want me to say? Do you want me to say that what I said was wrong? I know who you're and I know what your intentions are. You just think you can take my memories away and make me start new here with you and the lost boys?" I asked.

"Yes, but you seem to ruin all of my plans." He said.

"How? I don't know how I kept my memories and I don't know how your pixie dust doesn't affect me." I said.

"I don't believe you."

"Fine then don't believe me. I really don't care if you like me or not." I said. "I stopped caring a long time ago."

"Why did you stop caring?"

"And when did you start?" I asked. "Ever since I came on this damn island you only ever cared about how I would ruin your 'plans'"

"I don't like your attitude."

"Well then you should have checked my attitude before you took me."

"That's true." Pan said.