Jake?!

Its been a week since my encounter with him. I see him around a lot more. The only problem with that is that he is always with his meathead jock friends. He seems to walk by my locker a lot and everytime we make eye contact then its the same. Smile and nod. 

Today I decided to wear my high wasted, acid washed riped skinny jeans and a sweater that says 'Dance all day sleep all night' which isn't even remotely true to what I would do because I don't dance and would rather sleep all day and night. With that, I pull on my black, low rise Converse, curl my hair, put on some mascara and eyeliner and grab my red slouch beanie.

I actually make it to school on time and find my friends. Evelyn decided on a blue and black plaid flannel with super ripped jeans and black military style boots and Rose wore a mint colored tie front shirt with a black skater skirt and mint high top converse. Her hair looked pretty today too. She had a messy halo braid while Evelyn wore her red hair down. All in all, we look pretty damn good. Danielle isn't here today because of an 'otaku' convention in San Fransisco.

I haven't seen Jake at all and its lunch time. He usually sits with the jocks and cheerleaders but today he isn't here.

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about him a lot lately. I even talked to Evelyn and Rose about it. They both gave me the same dumb advice to just talk to him and that he's just a normal guy like every other one.

He's not though.. at least not to me. He's like one of those thoughts that comfort you when you're scared. Like when you are a kid, scared of the dark and you try to think about happy things to get through the night. He's that to me, probably a lot more.

Because of yearbook I get pulled out of my fifth period class to take pictures of other people in their classes. This makes me happy because since we are only in our second week the teacher, Ms. Sanders, assigns a lot of homework and if I'm not there, I can't get homework.

As I make my way to the yearbook building, I find rose by her locker so I walk to her. "Hey, Rose."

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing, are you heading to yearbook?" I don't like walking through the hallways by myself and neither does Rose so we always walk together.

"Um, yeah. I was just going there, why" She starts rummaging through her locker once more.

"Oh, I was just checking if you wanted to walk with me. You know, since we always walk together." Why am iin explaining this? We always walk.

"Oh um.. yeah sure." she shuts her locker with a loud crash sound. As we walk she starts the conversation. "So have you heard from Jake yet?"

"Nah, why?"

"Because I heard that the reason he's not here today is because he got jumped by a bunch of skater dudes and George was part of them.."

"Hmm, why would George do that? He knows that I like Jake."

"That's the thing, I asked him why he did that and he just got pissed and walked away." She furrowed her eyebrows as if in deep thought, "oh my god I think I know."

I turn my head to see Rose smiling like a creep with wide eyes, "well?"

"Well, what" I roll my eyes and look at her.

"Why did George jump Jake?" Her smile grew even wider and she looks like she's about to start fangirling anytime. But what's there to fangirl about?

Oh, um no reason, I mean.. I don't know." She's looking really suspicious.

"Yes you do. You had that look in your eye. I know you too well."

"Look, I can't tell you, okay? Sorry I really want to but I can't."