5

I woke up and unknowingly fell asleep, my eyes showed swelling due to my crying last night, got up and peeked into the living room and Murry was gone, what I found was Jasper living across the street, he's the new neighbor that I saw a few months ago when I peeked as I pulled out the curtain, the newly move family here in Northwood, when I was outside he waved to get my attention and he decided to come closer even I feel uncomfortable about what happened last night at the Mayor's party. He greeted me with a smile, his eyes were strangely compelling.

''Murry told me to look after your house,'' He mumbled.

''How did you know Murry?''

''No, he actually does me a favor to look after you, I was endowed with his geniality and good humor,'' he exclaimed, which seemed a luculently daybreak for him.

I smiled even though what he said about my father is absurd.

''You told me that Murry to look after me right?'' I say with a superficial smile, ''Come with me.''

''Where?''

We went to Devil's spot, traditional pub fare & a long list of beers, including lots of Belgian varieties. As we get inside, there are few customers while Jasper followed behind me.

''Hey, Sanders it's been a long time since your visit here, you don't even miss the old place, huh?''

Oliver called out, as we head inside.

''Is it right for you to go here, you're too minor.'' He tries to infract my decision and I show him my apathy.

''Can you give us a drink,'' I muttered,

''Who is this guy? Your boyfriend?'' Oliver mentioned as he mixes drinks.

''Nuh, It's my best friend Embry. And by the way, I like it a hard drink for Jasper because I know he isn't a sprog.''

''Since you're my best bud, I'll give these drinks for free.'' He mumbled.

''Oh really?'' I say. ''How thoughtful you are Oliver, isn't he right?'' I say and face shifting leftwards.

I took a mouthful of drink, taste a warm finish, heat in my throat. Jasper started to drink his alcohol and twisted his lips.

''This is nastiest tasting alcohol.'' His emotion arises as a feeling of aversion towards the drink.

''You can do that buddy,'' Oliver muttered, a smug look on his face.

I felt relieved, I was still with Jasper as if I were a child with a babysitter, I still want freedom but wind up my day. He is a good chum. Sometimes weird, but I feel he cares about me even if I don't need to. After we finished our drinks, we went out and before he got in the car I spoke.

''All right, I'm still going somewhere,'' I say. ''Leave me here.''

I turned around and left him without saying his words. I went to Dario's house, rang the doorbell and we waited for someone to answer.

''Can I borrow your car?'' I say.

''Why?'' I responded when he got out, as he hurried to wear clothing.

''We need to go to your girlfriend, he's cheating on you,'' I mumbled.

''What? Are you serious?''

''This is not a big joke Dario, I saw them now at the Devil's spot,'' I say because I saw them while I was with Jasper.

He decided to go with me immediately.

''Give me the keys,'' I say as we get inside the car and I was driving it quickly.