(3) Serpiente Attack

Ashlie's POV
       Tommy slipped his mask off his face, and I was slightly suprised. His eyes were an unusually pale blue color, and they looked like human eyes, not neko eyes. He also had a large scare an his left cheek. It was claw marks, three of them. He wasn't bad looking, though. The only truly strange thing was his eyes. "I thought nekos were supposed to have cat eyes." Cory commented. Tommy sighed, looking away. "They are.. I'm just like, a defect, or something." He said, dissapointed.

        He then looked back at us, "I can just do this." He bared his teeth, and his ears went back, and to my suprise, his eyes glowed bright yellow, and his pupils slitted like a cats eye. He stopped snarling, and his eyes went back to their normal color and look. He looked down, "I'm just a freak..." He mumbled. "You are NOT a freak!" Nick argued. "Yes I AM!" Tommy snapped back. Nick frowned, "Well then, Tommy, we're ALL freaks." Nick said, gesturing towards us all. Tommy looked at him in suprise as he began to explain. "If you're saying being different makes you a freak, then we're ALL freaks!" Nick said.

      Nick met eyes with Tommy pridefully, "But I'm proud to be a freak." He announced, looking at all of us. "If being a freak means I can be with wonderful people like this, then I'm happy I'm a freak!" He said with a small smile. "I'm proud to be a freak too!" I announced happily. The others looked at me, and I saw Nick smiling brightly. "I'm proud too!" Jon joined in beside me. I chuckled, and Cory joined in, "I'm proud to be part of our freak squad, too!" He announced. "Me too!" Uni said proudly. Dawn chuckled, "Same here!" He said, raising his hand. Tommy looked at all of us pridefully, a large smile pasted on his face.

    "Freaks forever!" He said loudly, raising his arm up in a fist, smiling brightly. "Freaks forever!" We all repeated, raising our arms up like he had. There was a moment of silence, then everyone started laughing. I saw Tommy slip his mask back on, still smiling. "Wow Nick, that was pretty deep." Tommy teased. Nick chuckled, "Oh, hush." I saw Jon yawn beside me, and I yawned too. "Hey guys, maybe we should get some rest." I said, making the others pause. "Ashlie has a point. We still have some traveling to do tommorow, and It's getting pretty late." Uni agreed. Everyone else nodded, "Okay, sounds good." Cory added, and we all laid down, falling asleep.

     After we all woke up in the morning, we gathered our stuff and began walking again. It was hot today, and as the trees thinned, the sun shone warmly on us. We walked a bit slower than usual, and I could see the others sweating aswell as we walked. "Dude, how in the WORLD are you still wearing that trenchcoat!?" Nick exclaimed to Tommy.

       Tommy shrugged, "I'm used to it by now." He replied simply. "You're weird." Nick teased. Tommy raised an eyebrow, "Says the boy who's wearing long sleeves." Tommy retorted. "Hah, says the boy who's wearing a trenchCOAT." Nick said smugly back. I heard Uni groan and I looked curiously at him. "What's up, Uni?" Cory questioned. Uni huffed, "There's a big, rocky area up ahead that we need to cross." He answered bitterly. "Great! Nothing like some good ole' exercise on a BOILING hot day!" Cory said sarcastically. "C'mon guys, it can't be THAT bad!" Jon said, trying to sound enthusiastic. "Jinx us, little man, and I'll claw your eyes out." Tommy teased, but Jon stiffened. "Chill out, Tommy." I warned, and he scoffed.

      We walked a few more minutes, only to stop at the area that Uni had warned us about. It was a tall, rocky hill. It was made completly out of rocks protruding from the earth. There was large holes between some of the rocks, which worried me, but I put my worry aside. "Well, at least the rocks kinda make makeshift stairs." Jon said, looking on the bright side. I smiled lightly, "True." I agreed, then I noticed Cory studying the large, rocky hill. His eye was narrowed, "Be careful guys. These holes kinda look like Serpiente holes, so keep your guard up." Cory warned.

    Jon stiffened, "S-Serpietes...?" He stuttered fearfully. I put my hand softly on his shoulder, and he met eyes with me. I smiled softly, "Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fine!" I cheered, making Jon smile slightly. He nodded, "Yeah!" Uni suddenly inturrupted us, "Well guys, we should get climbing. The sooner we do this the better." He sighed. "I'm going to be behind you, Uni. Incase you fall." Cory said. Uni scoffed, "Really, Cory?" He asked, sounding annoyed. "Geez, dude! Sorry for caring!" He joked, and Uni began scaling the rocks.

       We were climbing, and we were already halfway up it. It was SIGNIFICANTLY hotter up here, and everyone was panting. At least we haven't seen a Serpiente yet... I thought tiredly. We REALLY weren't in a good place to be fighting one right now. But my thoughts were disrupted by a sudden scream from Tommy behind us. I whipped around, and so did everyone else. Tommy was standing completely still, staring into the eyes of a large Serpiente that was halfway out of one of the holes.

     The snake-like creature was inches from his face, and Tommy looked petrified. It's hole was 2 feet away from Tommy, but it was barely halfway out of It's hole. It's rough scales were a deep, smoky color, and It's eyes were bright red. It suddenly sprung forward, and Tommy barely dodged It's attack. A bite from a Serpiente was fatal, no doubt about that. The large snake's venom can  boil your blood, killing you in minutes, but they'll be the most agonizing miuntes of you life. The creature then sucks your blood out with It's oversized talons, and swallows your body whole. Scary, right? Tommy stumbled back from the serpent, resulting in him slipping.

      He yelped as he fell backwards, crashing down the hill painfully. He landed on his back, motionless, at the bottom of the hill, his mask crooked. The creature hissed triumphantely, and began slithering down the hill towards the motionless boy. "Tommy!" Nick screamed. Nick looked around, he picked up a rock, throwing it and hitting the serpent right on the back of It's head. The serpent paused, then whipped around, launching strongly at Nick. Nick gasped, diving the creature, and it flew right over his shoulder. It landed beside Cory, and he gasped. The creature hissed at Cory, and struck at him. Cory dodged It's attack, and punched it in the head with a fast reflex. The creature let out a hiss of rage and glared back at Cory. It launched at Cory, but to everyone's suprise, Cory snatched the create out of the air, gripping tightly on It's throat.

       "Ah!" Cory exclaimed, throwing the creature away from him. It landed a foot away, stunned. "Someone kill it!" Jon screamed, hiding behind me. "It's not that easy!" Cory said back, sounding tense. The creature looked back at Cory, hatred burning in It's red gaze. It began to straighten back up, but suddenly a rock flew through the air, hitting it smack in the face. I looked over to see Uni holding another rock, which he also threw at the creature. The second rock hit the creature aswell. "Your bow, Cory! Shoot it!" He ordered loudly. "Oh yeah!" Cory exclaimed, pulling his bow out and loading an arrow. The creature straighter up, It's gaze filled with rage. It opened it's mouth to strike again, but before it could strike, an arrow was shot right into It's mouth. The arrow shot through It's mouth, piercing the back of it's throat. It let out a loud hiss of pain, and Cory shot it again, the arrow going right between it's eyes. The creature hissed in agony again, and Cory kept shooting it. It soon collapsed onto the rocks, motionless and bleeding.

(Here are just some drawings I drew for this chapter because I was bored lol)

A/N I'm SERIOUSLY excited about chapters 5-7, so be prepared! Lol, It's currently 1:32 AM, and I can't sleep! Anyways, as always, I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY, AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!!