(4) Feline Suprise

Jon's POV
      I stared fearfully at the creature, still hiding behind Ashlie. "Don't worry, Jon. It's dead." Ashlie comforted. I shivered a bit, but I was a little more calm now. "Tom!" Nick screamed, making me jump. I looked over to see him quickly making his way down the hill towards Tommy. Tommy was sitting up, rubbing his head and straightening his mask. Cory began to run down the hill aswell, "Let's go check on him." Ashlie said. I nodded, following her as she began to make her way down more slowly.

       When we arrived at the bottom, Cory and Nick were making sure Tommy was alright. "I'm fine, guys! Just a little sore!" Tommy was saying, making his way slowly to his feet. "Are you sure? You just fell down a hill made of rocks..." Uni said, joining us at the bottom of the hill. "Yeah, I'm fine, I've fallen down plenty of hills." Tommy continued. "Well, if you're sure you're okay, then we can continue climbing this stupid hill." Cory said, looking up at the hill. I heard Tommy sigh in defeat beside me, "Are you serious? We just almost DIED going up that thing, and you want to try AGAIN??" Ashlie questioned in confusion.

       Cory looked at her, "It's dead, I'm sure It's safe now." He stated simply. Ashlie glanced at me, then back at the hill, "Cory, LOOK at all those Serpiente holes! You seriously think there's only one!? I am not going back up that hill." She finished simply, looking away and crossing her arms. Cory looked annoyed, and he opened his mouth to argue, but Uni spoke first. "Maybe he's right, Cory...There has to be a way around this hill. I mean, yeah, we may go a little off track, but we'll be safe." Uni explained.

     Cory sighed in defeat, "I guess so..." He muttered. "Perfect! Now let's start walking!" Ashlie exclaimed, beggining  to walk at the foot of the hill. We all followed her, and I glanced back, noticing Tommy walking with a slight limp, and Nick whispering worriedly to him.

                   Nick's  POV
       After hours it seemed of walking, or, limping in Tommys case, we finally found an easy path around the large hill. It was a dirt path, and it wasn't quite as steep as the rest of the hill. "Hah, I told you there'd be another way!" Ashlie said triumphantly to Cory. Cory rolled his eye, "Wow, well, we already would've been up the original hill like three hours ago by now, but whatever." He added. "Wow, so negative." Ashlie said, beggining to walk up the hill. We all followed, and I kept my eye on Tommy, assuring he wouldn't fall.

      After awhile, we finally made it all the way up the hill and found a clearing to rest in. We all plopped down on the ground, panting. I was leaned up against a tree, and Tommy was laying in the middle of the clearing. I looked up, noticing that the sun was almost completely gone. "Wow, we just wasted a whole day..." Cory sighed, staring at the sunset. "It wasn't COMPLETELY wasted, I mean, we made it up the hill, didn't we?" Jon said, being optimistic as always. "Yeah, Cory, think of it Jon's way." Uni joked. Cory rolled his eye, "Not all of us are as optimistic as him." He spat. After that, everyone began talking, and one by one, we all began to drift off to sleep.
                            *dream*
      I opened my eyes, and I was suprised to see myself  standing in the oh, so familiar vampire mansion. I began looking around fearfully, though the place seemed empty. The large, dark bookshelves stood ominously in the half-lit light. "Oh, so you came back..." I heard an achingly familiar voice question from behind me. I turned around to face his, speaking strongly, "No, father, not willingly." I said my eyes glowing red.  He glared at me, "Strong words coming from such a weak vampire." He hissed, and for the first time, I noticed that the hand I had cut off was gone, and replaced by a cloth on his arm. "I have enough strength to keep an arm." I teased.

     He bared his teeth, "Where did I go wrong?" He questioned, "I swear to the gods I raised you right! I raised you to be a full-blooded vampire!" He glared at me, looking me up and down, "But you turned into this..." He hissed. I stood taller, "Actually, I'm QUITE proud of who I have become...I'm so much stronger than you..." I growled. He scoffed, "We'll see about that..." He said, suddenly lunging at me. I gasped, but was unable to dodge his attack. He rammed into me, sending me flying to the ground. The wind was knocked out of me, but I managed to slowly look up, and I saw my father standing above me, a wooden stake in hand.

      I gasped, dodging the stake as he sent it flying down towards me. I quickly made it to my feet, facing him. He launched at me, and we began to battle. Me dodging his stake, and him furiously trying to penetrate my heart with it. We fought for what felt like hours, until he finally managed to pin me against the wall, the wooden stake pressing sharply on my skin, right above me heart. I began to struggle, trying to get out of his grasps. Tears made their way down my face as I let out a quiet sob. N-No..." I whined. He began pressing the stake harder into my flesh, and more tears streamed down my face. But then, suddenly, I felt a sense of comfort fill my body, and I wasn't as scared. My 'father' pushed stake into my heart, but all of a sudden, it didn't matter, because I knew I was safe. I felt the dream fade around me as my mind pulled me into a deep, peaceful sleep.

                    Tommy's POV
       I awoke slowly in the middle of the night to the sound of someone shifting alot hitting my sensitive ears. I slowly opened my tired eyes, immediantly becoming aware of the site pain in my body. I huffed, looking in the direction of the noise, looking from my spot in the middle of the clearing. I frowned as I saw Nick shifting in his sleep, as if he was struggling. He had tears dripping down his face, which worried me. "N-No..." I heard him whine quietly. I sat up painfully, looking around the clearing to see if anyone else was awake. I saw Ashlie and Jon sleeping side-by side, and Cory and Uni doing the same. I sighed, looking back at Nick.

     I crawled slowly over to him,  pressed my hand against where his heart was to feel his heartbeat, but that only made him more tense. A nightmare... I thought. I though about waking him up, but I knew Nick needed the sleep. I just need to find a way to stop the nightmare... I decided, so I thought for a moment. I looked at him, shaking and sobbing, then I got an idea. I know one thing that calms almost EVERYONE down...Plus, I need the practice... I decided. I crawled back to the middle if the clearing, taking I  a shaky, deep breath, aware of how agonizing the next few moments will be.

      I shut my eyes, getting on my hands and knees, then I prepared for the transfirmation. My ears went back as I felt agony consume my body, and it took every ounce of self-control for me not to scream out in pain. My bones cracked and broke, rearranging  themselves, becoming more feline-like, and smaller. My teeth nearly poked through my lip as they grew sharper and longer, while I was still biting my bottom lip out of pain. I tried not to gag as unsettling cracking noises filled the air. I gasped as my skin felt like it was being burned off as small, cat-like hair began to protrude out of my skin. My hands and feet exploded in pain as they began to reform into paws. After a few more minutes if this agony, I collapsed. I was panting, my body weak and aching.

     I was now a small, orangish colored cat with white paws, and a white tail tip. My eyes glowed yellow, and my fluffy fur was messy. I took in a deep breath, slowly rising to my four paws, stumbling as I wasn't used to my footing yet. I slowly and shakily made my way to Nick. You're lucky I like you, Nick...Otherwise I wouldn't go through such agony for you... I thought as I approached Nick. I walked to his hand, gently running my soft, warm body across it. I saw Nick become less tense, which was a good sign. I began purring loudly, and slowly sat on his lap, curling carefully into a ball. I pressed my head comfortingly against his hand, and after a moment, Nick seemed to be in a peaceful sleep. I smiled, slowly drifting off to sleep myself.

A/N I hope you enjoyed this! I had fun writing it! Sorry for the wait!! And as always, I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY, AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!! P.s.
              Chapters 5-7 are going to be exciting! Maybe not so much 5, but 6, And...Oh, DEFINENTLY 7!!! Anyway, thanks for reading this far, if you have!