Expansion 2: Chapter 5

"Living metal. Incomprehensible intelligence." (Grimoire: The Vex)

          I rushed towards Venus and landed right at the gates to the Vault of Glass. John was waiting there for me pacing back and forth. His ghost explaining everything to him. I walked over. "Parrish there you are. What the heck is going on?" He asked me. "I literally just told you what's going on!" His ghost said to him. I walked past him and looked at the gates. "Open...how is this possible?" Alex said. My ghost floated around and soon I found leftover destruction from explosions. "They forced their way in. Hades, let's go. We've got a group of Fallen who are trying to steel Vex technology. We gotta move."
          "That was a lot easier of an explanation."
          We both ventured down into the Vault and began to find banners of the Wolves. They were marking their territory. "Hey Parrish?"
          "Yes Hades?"
          "This is kinda like old times. Remember when we all came down here as a raid team?"
          "Yeah. Good times. But I have a feeling that there's more to come here. The Vex should be retaliating against the Fallen right about now. If we can catch Skolas here and now, then this will all be over."
          "Kill or capture?"
          "I'm not sure yet. I'm operating on orders of the Queen of the Reef."
          "Then I guess you better get an answer from them quick."
          We reached the area where the Fallen were fighting the Vex. "I wonder which one we hate the most. The Fallen or the Vex?" Alex asked. "Who cares. Shoot everything." I said. Me and Hades jumped down and began our assult on the enemy. Doing our best to advance on them but Skolas is nowhere to be found. Once all the Vex were cleared out along with the Fallen, we began to hear chimes throughout the area. "Oracles!" Hades shouted. I quickly ran around to try and search for the Oracle and once I found it, I destroyed it. But then another took its place. One by one they all began to pop in and out.
          "There's too many of them!" I shouted. Hades came over to try and help but they were appearing even faster. Suddenly, we heard a few shots come from a distance. Royal was shooting from a platform above us. "Looks like someone started the fun without me." He said. With an extra hand on deck, we cleared out all the Oracles. Royal hopped down while Hades grabbed a nearby Knight who was trying to escape. "We got us a live one. Can we get anything out of it?" He asked. I looked over at Alex. "Get Variks on the line. We need a translator." I said to him. I walked over to the Captain and held a gun to his head. "You one chance. Tell us where Skolas is and what he wants with Vex Technology." I demanded. At first the Captain didn't speak but soon he came clean. Talking in its native tongue. "Variks? What did it say?" I asked. "He said, my leader is at the top of the spire. You're already too late to stop us. We will continue to grow. And we shall win." Variks said. "Yeah right. Like that'll happen." Hades said. I put my gun away and contacted Petra.
          "Guardian. What is it?"
          "Skolas is still here on Venus. Top of the massive structure here. Can you do anything?"
          "I'll send a group of Crows out to intercept him. This might be his final stand. Go now!" She said. I jumped up to the entrance and so did everyone else. "Hey John?"
          "Yeah?"
          "What did you do with that Captain?"
          "I kinda...dropped him."
          "Oh well. Let's move."
          Royal, Hades and I made our way to the center of the spire. Walking around and looking at all the Vex bodies that have piled up here as well as Fallen bodies. At the center was a gravity lift that would take us straight to the top. "Petra. What are we walking into? There's a huge amount of Vex parts here that should have overwhelmed Skolas. He has no army." I said. "If he's got his hands on Vex Tech then there's no telling what could be going on. Get up there Guardian." She said. I sighed and activated the lift and hopped right in. "Oh and by the way. The Queen has given us all orders. Take Skolas...alive." Petra said.
          "Alive? Why?"
          "I'm not so sure. But I'm not one to question her motives. We're ready to intercept. He's not going anywhere this time."
          "Alright. I'll see you on the other side once the mission is finished."
          "Good luck Guardian."
          We all reached the top of the spire and looked around as we were well above the clouds. The House Of Wolves ship can be seen at the other end of the various floating platforms. "Let's go boys." I said. I led the way. Jumping from platform to platform. Eventually landing at the other side of the path. A huge platform full of Fallen. "My scanners are going crazy. The Vex energy is being used to...teleport!" Alex said. I looked around to see more and more Fallen coming from the various different gates. "Oh no...he's pulling the entire House Of Wolves through time! We gotta shut down those portals!" Royal shouted. We all broke off and one by one, the portals were destroyed. Suddenly, the Kell Of Kelly's showed up. Skolas. "This is it boys! Let's put him down!" I shouted. And with that, a gunfight began. Hades leading the charge with a mighty Fist of Havoc. Royal was quick to his gun and fired off three piercing shots into him. Skolas was staggered. "Royal stop! We can't kill him. We need him alive." I said. Hades threw a few suppressor grenades and kept Skolas stunned. I charged up a Novabomb and threw it at his feat. Sending him flying through the air. His cannon falling from his hands as he hit the ground hard.
          "Petra! If you're gonna do something, now is the time!" I shouted. Suddenly, the Crows came flying in and detained Skolas. Red lights formed around him and kept him in place. "Good work Guardians! Skolas is captured. Now all we need is...wait. Incoming transmission." She said. Alex patched through. "Guardians. Thank you for assisting me. At first when you all arrived at my doorstep I saw you all as nothing but a orb of light. Too far from it's Traveler. Now I see you all are more than capable of handling even more complex tasks such as these effortlessly. Return to the Reef. And claim your rewards." Mara said. The ships transported Skolas away and I sat down. "Phew...we did it." I said. Royal and Hades came over to me and sat with me. "That wasn't too bad. Could have been worse. And I wonder what kind of reward we're gonna get." Royal said. "I'm not sure. Maybe a crap ton of glimmer. But I have to wonder what she's gonna do with Skolas." Hades asked. "Not sure. I guess we won't know until we ask. Let's head to the Reef."