4

The street winds over the hill like a carelessly discarded belt, grey and cracked with age. On each side of the houses, Northwood is just ripping off over its royalties. In the plaza, the pigeons outnumber the red paving slabs. Just to walk from the tall terraced houses around the edges with their stores at ground level I must take small steps to avoid kicking them. These birds have no fear of me, Between the splashing behind and the squawking in front the sound of the city traffic disappears, the place seems so foreign now. The narrow streets flow like rivers, winding around hills and fields rather than cutting a romanesque line through them.

Storm was assigned to pick up some deliveries, for their business garments at the parcel station. I could help them out since it's summer break when I got there, I found Jasper, and wondered why he was there.

''Storm asked me because he knew we were friends, and it is better to catch up so we could arrange.'' I got daze when he said that, maybe Storm figured it out of being enmity.

He carried the boxes and placed them on the vehicle trunk.

''Can we go to an eating place, before we go home?'' He said, ''I haven't eaten lunch yet.''

After he had loaded all the boxes we get inside the car, and he switched on the engine and got up to Dorks diner. He started ordering the counter while looking at the display menu, I was just standing behind him. Once we got the order we found searched for vacant seats, and we sat down and started eating.

He gets the cobb salad, and I took a bite of the Philly cheesesteak and started munching it. He is sitting across the table. He is now with me now and I realized that the universe was so kind that I will come up against a guy who was spontaneous.

''You should always go out of Embry and spent time together,'' I say.

''We still have the long run, and summer break isn't yet tolerable.'' He replied, and take a quick look at me.

He dug out his phone in his pocket, and look at me.

''Embry is on her way here,'' He says, motioning his face moving rightward. ''There she is,'' and met Jasper with a kiss. Giving them a sparing smile, as they stood in front of me. ''And by the way, we gotta go, we would pick up her mom at church.''

''Yeah, because it's Sunday today, and we have a family gathering tonight,'' Embry stated as he held Jasper's hand.

''Oh, yeah sure, I'm just waiting for Storm he's on his way now,''

I seated alone as they both disappeared from the diner, look around。I hope Storm did arrive immediately from his way here, and I sip the glass of juice that he ordered, twilight came as if to foreshadow the inevitable rising of the sun. I walked out of the diner and went to Storm where his car was parked.

''It's okay if I crashed to your house tonight, it's okay even I will sleep on the floor. I don't mind.'' I say,

''My sister Ruby wouldn't go home because they had a summer camp, so you could use her room, Mom and dad would be thrilled to see you, and it's been a long time since you went there.'' He replied before switching on the engine, I put my seatbelt on as well.

I just stared at the road that night, from where I was, and chose not to go home first. Storm and I are not really that close, but we have the same school when we were in kinder, he helps me through a lot these past few years that happened in my life. When I feel like I have no ally, that I have nothing to trust and feel like a mess.

When we got home, I met his parents.

''Oh, Sanders! Glad to see you, darling. How's Murry?'' She mumbled.