Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

-Mark Twain

Layla.

"You know, I could get in there with you. I've seen you naked before, Layla, and there's no other reason for me not to," Harry humorously commented as he leaned against the door frame of the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes playfully, and laughed. "Yes, I know, and I've already politely declined your offer, Harry." I cocked my head. "No other reason? What if I just don't want you in here with me?" I asked, crossed my arms.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I meant a reason that was good enough for me not to get in there with you, not your opinion on the matter," He said, his tone once again humorous.

I laughed again, and lightly pushed him. "Just go, I need some time alone so I can clean up and sort through my clothes."

"And look at your secret book that you brought in the quilt?" He asked, and smirked slightly.

I stilled slightly, and stared at him, all the humor draining from my face. "Harry, don't look through that book while I'm in here, I mean it. I don't go through your things," I sternly told him.

"I wasn't planning on it, babe," He said with a secretive smile, and disappeared, my bedroom door opening and closing was the only thing signalling his departure.

I exhaled loudly, and rolled my eyes before I shut the door then locked it carefully. My fingers ran through my hair, and I shook my head slightly in annoyance. If he knew what was good for him, he wouldn't look through that book, he wouldn't even think about it.

Harry.

My curiosity had never peaked this high before, and that was more than a little frustrating. Normally, if I wanted to know something I would find it out regardless of who I wanted the information from, but this time I couldn't. I didn't want to abuse the trust Layla had in me, and even that was more than I probably deserved.

I sighed quietly, and began to pace around my room as I tried to find something more interesting to focus on, but there was nothing. All I could think about was that damn book, and why Layla wouldn't want me to look in it. Was it her diary? No, she didn't seem like the type of person to keep one. Full of secret love notes from that, him, or someone else? No, that didn't seem probable either. She wouldn't keep something like that, especially not in a place where she knew very well that I could find it.

There was nothing else that I could think of that she could have possibly written down. Nothing else fit what I was thinking.

Our of irritation, I grabbed the mattress off the bed, and tossed it against the wall. Nothing fell or broke, but something else caught my eye. A single piece of folded up paper fluttered to the floor as the mattress moved, and I frowned slightly as my curiosity once again flared.

I walked over to the note, and inhaled the piece of paper carefully. Layla's scent was all over it, and the vague scent of another, someone unknown, was also on it. My eyes flashed slightly red, and I gritted my teeth in irritation before I opened the paper and looked down at the words that were written in black pen.

If I were with you, right now, then I'd be wiping your tears away, baby. I know that this whole separation thing must be hard on you, and I'm sorry for taking so long to get you out. However, I meant what I said in those woods, I will be getting you away from that artificial bastard, and you're going to be mine again. I missed my chance with you once by not showing you how much I care for you, Layla, but not this time, no, this time I'll show it to you. I'll show you the world.