No Context

Draco frowns. He has a new dm on Instagram. Who the hell is messaging him in the middle of Divination?

He opens it to see it's from Harry Potter, of all people.

He frowns across the room, and Harry raises a simple eyebrow before turning away.

He sighs, and looks at the message.

It's titled "Send this to your enemy with no context."

Draco snorts quietly. He's seen these all over Instagram.

He plays the video.

It's 55 seconds of really shitty ASMR .

Draco yanks his headphones out of his ears, cringing. Determined to get Potter back, he sends one back. 

For three days, they keep sending these stupid messages titled "send this to your enemy".

Until one day it changes.

Draco opens his dm, smirking, but his mouth falls open at the title.

"Send this to your classmate with no context"

He glares. What happened to enemies?

Nevertheless, he watches the video, and then sends one back.

For another week, they send videos titled "send this to your classmate with no context".

Then Draco decides to get Harry back for changing it up, and sends him a video titled "send this to a weirdo with no context".

Harry glances at him across the room, lips slightly parted in surprise. Draco winks, and Harry flushes, turning away quickly.

Harry's response is a video titled "send this to your friend with no context."

Draco smiles at the title, and grins shyly across the room, at the black-haired boy who is grinning back.

For weeks after that, they send "friend with no context" videos to each other. They've also gotten around to talking more, and getting closer.

Draco decides to outdo Harry once more, sending him a video titled "send this to your best friend with no context".

Harry doesn't stop smiling for the rest of the day.

The next day, Draco checks his dms, and sees a new one from Harry. He grins and opens it.

His grin drops into an expression of shock.

"Send this to your crush with no context"

He watches the video numbly, it's a person throwing around emoji hearts to the song "Mine."

(for those of you who don't know, that's the song that goes "you so, fuckin, precious, when you, SMILE")

Draco blinks several times, and forms a plan.

He doesn't respond. He knows it's cruel, but he wants to see Harry's face when he follows through on his plan.

When he reaches class, Harry is avoiding his eyes, staring straight ahead or at the floor.

Draco opens the video he wants to send, and sends it.

Harry glances at his phone, and opens the message.

It's titled "send this to your crush with no context."

Harry glances up at Draco, shocked. Draco gestures for him to watch it.

It's a stupid video, really, basically a guy wearing a pink hoodie throwing around emoji hearts and singing "Will you be my boyfriend" to the tune of "Mine."

Harry is smiling from ear to ear, and doesn't even glance at Draco as he sends his response.

It has no caption. The video is simply Brendon Urie screaming "YESSSSSSS!"