Chapter 28

Katerina 👆

She sat on the floor in nothing but a bra and underwear, her head leaning on the bed as she stared out in space. She never even acknowledge that I entered the room. I shut the door and she jumped up and looks at me "hey..." I smile at her as she sits on the bed "hi" I shiver as I look at her body, she was really skinny "I'm Violet. I'm new to this, I'm Dantes wife. I have no clue how this works" she smiles at me and stands up "I'm Katerina" she shakes my hand "why are you here? I can see you don't like this" she says as I just stare at her "that's true I don't like this but Dante said they need help so I should help and get you ready" she nods and grabs my hand "let me show you what to do" she says as she drags me to a walk-in closet. There were all open and see-through dresses lined up, there were heels on the shelf and lingerie hanging "you just need to dress me up and do my makeup and hair and stuff" I nod as I look through the dresses "how long have you been here?" I ask her as she leans on the wall "I've been sold 5 times if I get sold today it will be my 6th time. Every time I get sold, I was returned because let's just said I'm not someone to give up easily" she laughs as I stare at her in shock. How the hell is she still alright and laughing? I would be dead.

"I'm going to take a shower and in the meantime, you can pick out the things I need to wear," she says as she walks into the bathroom and shuts the door. All this selling girls thing is horrible.

I look through all the dresses and I just can't find any decent one so I settle with a black dress that had lace but it was better than the others, black lace heels with a silver choker and earrings.

Katerina walks out of the bathroom and I hand her the clothes to dress up in, she says a thank you and walks back into the bathroom to dress up. After putting the clothes on, I do her makeup and curl her hair.

She looks really nice "Thank you so much, Violet," she says as she hugs me "no problem

She looks really nice "Thank you so much, Violet," she says as she hugs me "no problem. Now, what do I do?" I ask her as she shakes her head "find out if you must bring me down to the stage now" she says as I nod. I walk out of the room and downstairs.

I've been looking for Dante everywhere and I can't find him "hey... Did you see your Boss anywhere?" I ask one of the men that work for Dante "boss went outside" I nod as I walk outside and see Dante leaning on the wall, smoking. He hears me and turns to look at me "you okay?" he asks as he stands up straight, I nod as I notice how tall he is and how he towers over me "I want to know what must I do with Katerina?" I ask him as he takes his phone out and calls someone "is the stage ready?" he asks through the phone, the person replies and he cuts the call "its fine Duluca said he will bring all the girls down to the stage" I nod as I stand there awkwardly.

"Boss your father is here," one of Dantes workers say as Dantes look hardens "tell him I will meet him inside" the man nods and walks inside the house "let's go in," he says as I follow behind him.

We walk inside the house and I see they set the stage and the table and chairs. It looks beautiful but the reason why it was set up was horrible. Everything was black and red "Dante my son" Giovanni, Dantes dad says as he shakes Dantes hand "Hello father" Dante says as he looks at his father with a hard stare "hello Violet" his dad says with no emotion at all "hello Mr Romano" he looks at me and pulls Dante away as both of them walk away.

I walk into the room where the auction is to take place and I see Abigail "hey Abigail" I wave at her as she smiles "how are you Violet?" she says as she sets up drinks on the table "good but I don't want to be here... This is sick" I tell her as I cringe at the thought "I know Violet but this is mafia life. I've been to so many of these auctions that I'm used to it now at first I never wanted to come and be here and see this but eventually I was forced" I nod as she stands up straight and smiles "you look beautiful today Violet" I smile and thank her "you also look beautiful" she looks behind me and her face expression turns into worry "they arriving" I look back and see men with suits coming in and ladies with classy dresses entering "we need to go backstage" she pulls me to the backstage and I see all the girls standing there. I see Katerina and she waves at me, I wave back as she smiles "we need to get them on stage in a while" I nod as Abigail stands nervously "Violet" I turn back and see Dante approaching me "Jason is the host for tonight and his going to announce for you and me to go on stage" I look at him worried "no... I can't go up there" he pulls me one side "don't be nervous. You not going to talk, I'm going to introduce you so don't stress. You just have to be by my side" I nod as we both see Jason walking towards us "it's packed out there man, every seat is taken" Jason says as Dante smirks "it's my success" he says as I cringe. SELLING GIRLS IS HIS SUCCESS!

"are you'll ready girls?" Jasons Screams for all of them to hear, they nod as Jason looks back at Dante and I "you ready Violet?" he questions as he smiles. I nod as he walks onto the stage. Dante and I stand behind the curtain. The room goes silent "hello ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the Omerta auction!" everyone claps as Jason smiles "today we have some special girls waiting for your bidding so sit back and enjoy. Before I get the girls on stage I would like to welcome The leader of omerta Mr Romano and his Wife Mrs Romano" I hear cheers as Dante grabs my hand and we both walk on stage.

Everybody claps as I give off a forced smile. Dante goes to the mic "hello ladies and gentlemen. This is my wife Violet Romano. Today we got 26 girls on sale so enjoy" he says with a stern face. We both walk backstage as Dante leaves to answer a call.

The girls start going on stage as I walk away because I can't handle seeing this. I go outside and take a deep breath in. This is wrong. What Dante is doing is so wrong. He should not do this.

Women are not objects. Women are more than just bodies.