Chapter 3

I'M SORRY THAT THIS IS GOING SO SLOW, I'M THROWING IN A CURVE BALL I PROMISE.

~

Luke and I walked back to the house after our heart to heart and opened the door to stares. "Did you get it in, Luke?" Beau questioned. "You're a fag," Luke spat back at him. James and I stayed a little longer until it was about 11:30. "We should head out Alex," James spoke up. I nodded and got up, giving all the boys a hug, saving Luke for last. "Thank you." "Anytime you need me, just give me a call," and he gave me a piece a paper with his number on it.

We got home and I didn't realize how exhausted I was, crying really does tire you out. I quickly washed my face and changed into my pj's before laying down and instantly falling asleep.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* Did this alarm have to be so fucking loud? I shot my hand over but there was nothing there. I searched around with my hand, but couldn't find it. The noise kept getting louder. I opened my eyes to find Luke holding the alarm right next to my ear, and Jai laughing behind him. I threw my hand out in a punch and watched Luke grab his stomach and fall to the floor. "I just met you guys and you're already messing with me?" "Naughty by nature" Jai laughed, "Now get up and get ready."

I pulled myself out of bed and rushed around getting ready. Not too long later I was being thrown down the stairs and into the car. I was shoved inbetween Luke and Jai, with James in the front. "So you and Luke, huh?" Jai whispered in my ear. I hit him, "I barely know him, no. We were just talking about.. life. You know?" "Mhm, sure.." "Ha, whatever."

School was slow again, but I actually made a friends. Jessika Mackenzie. She was really outgoing, and she made me forget about my problems. We were too wrapped up in talking about One Direction to worry about anything. To make things simple, we both want Harry's graveh. But besides that, we clicked. "You're my new best friend okay. I know we just et, but you're stuck with me love." I laughed at her, "Okay, sounds good!" Turns out we had the next class together as well, and then there was lunch.

"So tell me Al, how'd you get in with the Janoskians so quick? Like you're gorgeous, yeah, but even that doesn't make it into that circle. Girls aren't really around them." "Uhm, well James is my cousin, so I guess that was a given entry? And me and the twins clicked pretty fast." "YOU LUCKY BITCH. I've had the fattest crush on Jai since like second grade!" "Wow, considering we're in grade 11 now, that's a long ass time," I laughed. "I'll introduce you, come on." We walked over to the group. "Hey guys, this is Jessika. My new bestie. Jess, this is James, Daniel, Tyla, Luke, and Jai." I hung on the word Jai a little longer for effect and she dug her elbow into my side. I hit her back and sat between Tyla and Luke while she awkwardly sat down next to Jai and he chatted her up.

Two more classes dragged on and I was finally out. I was walking home with Jessika so I pulled out my phone to text James and let him know. I opened my messages and saw one from Greg.

Greg: Did think about me at all when you left? 

Me: Of course I did! But you know how he treated me! I had to go, i'm sorry.

Greg: Don't bother apologizing. It's too late for that. Karma will come, and that karma is me. Watch your back.

I felt the tear well up. Did my own brother just threaten me? He said to watch my back, that means he could strike at any time. I had to tell James. I had to get help. "Hey Jess, i'm actually gonna go back and get a ride, sorry. "Totally cool, see you to-" But before she finished I was sprinting back. I saw the boys piling into the car and dove in. "JAMES READ THIS. HELP ME." I tossed my phone at him and watched his face drop. "Does he know where you are?" "I have no clue, i'm guessing so." "You'll be okay Alex, trust me." Jai reassured as they all read the texts. Beau had picked us up today and look confused, "Can someone fill me in please?" Finally, I explained it all to everyone, Luke holding my hand as I did so. It felt good to have more than one person understand me.

We were stopped at an intersection when a car behind came barreling in honking it's horn. "Shit!" Beau screamed stepping on the gas trying to get out of the way. The car followed and Beau spun the wheel trying to move. Before any of knew what was happening, we spun out. We came to a stop and the car pulled up next to us. I looked over to see none other than Greg.

"James, I think he knows where I am.."