Chapter 16

Optimus stood behind the lit up screen that had possible energon locations flashing across his screen. He was diligently working, his digits instinctively pressing letters as he thought them. He only paused for a brief minute when he heard a small chirp. He looked behind and saw Steelspsark looking at him, his red optics shining brightly as he smiled when he realized he was now getting attention. Optimus gave no response of any kind and returned to his decoding process.  Optimus did not wish to ignore the continuous chirps that flooded his audio receptors, but he had to.

He internally sighed when he heard the sparkling whine. He turned to said sparkling and tried reasoning with it.

"Steelspsark, you have to stop whining, the others will be here to take care of you soon enough." He spoke, Steelspsarks watering optics told Optimus that he did not understand a word he spoke. With grief, Optimus turned back around and continued his work.

The rest of the base was out on patrol, and Ratchet was on a slow cruise, per Optimus's orders. So now it was just Him and Steelspsark. The humans were at school, so they could not keep him distracted as they usually do, and it was obvious Steelspark was bored, possibly lonely, but the prime knew he had to continue his work. So Optimus only kept an audio receptor out for anything wrong.

Steelspsark figured he was not getting any attention, so crawled around on the floor looking for something to do. Eventually he crawled into the a small, vent like system, and quickly set off on his own little adventure.

Optimus knew the silence was odd. Si he quickly turned to see what Steelspsark was doing, but he wasn't there. So Optimus just continued on his work..... HE WASN'T THERE!? Optimus quickly spun around, work forgotten, as he scanned over the place in search of Steelspark. Optimus quickly looked under a few tables, but no luck. He then heard a gurgled squeal coming from beneath him. He looked to his pedes, and saw through the grates, the young one clapping his servos as if happy Optimus had found him. Optimus was glad he had found him, but now how to get him out?

Meanwhile on the Nemesis...

Starscream stalked around the Nemesis, hus servos folded behind his back, his helm high in accomplishment. He finally found his way to his master's throne room and allowed himself in. He entered to find Soundwave seemingly finishing 'talking' Megatron who sat on his throne, a rare look of shock adorned his features. But when he spotted Starscream, his face plate became one of unknown anger. The SIC was confused about Lord Megatron's anger, and now walked cowardly towards him.

"Starscream." Megatron growled with venom dripping from his words. "I've been told of very interesting news. One that you have failed to tell me."

"Umm, whatever could you mean?" He quickly spat out a master at the end.

"I mean, the Sparkling." He seethed through his teeth.

"Oh? So you knew. Well you see that was not my fualt, it does truly appear that you may have...  played to rough." He said backing away from the approaching Megatron.

"And the carrier? Ive been told you were quite 'interested' in him."

"I just wanted to find him for you master."

"Then why, as soon as your signal came close to his, did his offline?" He asked.

"Well I, I left before I could truly.. persuade him to come back, sparkling in toe. Might I add he is adorable." He tried his sucking up technique. "He must get his looks from you."

"He? So you did see him."

"Well, yes, but I only had the intentions of bringing your sparkling back to you!" Starscream reasoned.

"Oh, of course Starscream, after 2000 lies, you are now telling truth." Megatron said sarcastically.

"Well, I'm not in the mood to beat you, for once, instead you shall help me in tracking down the sparkling.." he turned back to Soundwave, "What was its name?" Soundwave played a recording of B9 saying,

"Steelspsark." Megatron looked back down to Starscream.

"Now, collect a small group of Seekers. We shall find Steelspsark as soon as possible." He explained.

"M-master, might I ask why we get the sparkling back asap?" He asked cautiously.

"Its either we get him, or the Autobots find him. I assure you he is just as bad as the Autobots finding our data banks." Megatron walked out of the room and towards the roof, in waiting of the seekers. Eventually they showed up, already knowing their mission, then they took flight.

Back at the Autobots Base

Optimus found a small prying tool, and tried prying open the grate. With little effort (because hes a god damn prime) he removed the grate and tried reaching in for Steelspsark, who patiently and happily awaited his rescue. However Optimus noticed one problem, his servo was too big.

"Steelspark, youre going to have to stand up and grab my servo." he said. Steelspark just babbled in reply, and tge prime sighed.

To his shock, the sparkling actually stood up and reached out for him. Optimus took the opportunity and grabbed his little servos with his digits, he pulled him up, Steelspsark having the time of his life. Optimus put him back on the ground, but instead of falling down and sitting, Steelspsark wobbled but stayed standing.

Optimus backed up a bit beckoned Steelspsark to him. With a lot of effort, Steelspark wobbled his way over to him. He made it to Optimus, but fell and landed holding the servo laid out before him.

"Your growing so fast young one, you'll be a good mech once you've fully grown." Optimus complimented. Steelspark sqeaked in delight at making him proud. Optimus gave a smile and lifted the sparkling again in order to train his pedes, his work once again forgotten.