Chapter 11

B6 awoke to his sparkling crying his optics out,

"Shh~" B6 soothed to young one, to no avail. He knew the young one must be cold so he hugged him to heat him up, not to far away he heard footsteps. B6 got up in case he needed to run, just then a deer came out of the bushes and looked at the giant robot before it. B6 stood still, as did the deer, Steelspark's gurgling made it flee. B6 sighed in relief at it not being a threat, he moved on and went to try and find a safe place for him to keep Steelspark there.

He found a tree with uplifted roots, B6 sighed sadly and place Steelspark under it.

"Okay Steelspark, be good for carrier and don't make a sound. Carrier's gonna be right back." he said knowing his sparkling doesn't understand. He left in search for energon hoping some would be close by, he found a faint signal, however it was too far away for B6's liking. The Vehicon did not wish to leave the sparkling alone, he sighed and walked back to the sparkling, which had drifted off. he picked him up and walked along more, trying to find a stronger signal.

Meanwhile....

Optimus prime sat down, listening to the gleeful chatter of his team. They had successfully retrieved energon and beat the decepticons to it, he got up and asked ratchet to open a ground bridge, Ratchet did understanding his leader liked having a lone drive after a victory.

"Be safe Optimus." Ratchet said,

"I will old friend." he answered transforming and driving off. He was in some forest landscape, driving slow as to not disturb the brush to much. He kept driving until he got a faint signal, a decepticon signal. He stopped and saw there was only one,

"I can probably go around them." he said to himself, he tried to see who it was first, maybe he could finally fight Megatron one on one. However, getting closer he saw a mere vehicon.

"Hmm?" Optimus huffed, wondering what he was doing. B6 heard it and turned around, giving optimus full view of sparkling in his servos. He gasped, it had been a while since he saw a sparkling, let alone a one that looked familiar. Optimus knew it was a familiar face, it was too unlike the vehicon to be fully his and another vehicon.

Seeing the bucket shaped helm, the Prime had an idea. He was sad to think there was a new generation of his greatest enemy, he sighed, knowing in his spark he couldn't leave the two to die, he walked slowly towards the vehicon, who's back was now turned. Optimus cleared his throat, B6 turned around faster than light to see the mech he sworn to kill. B6 began to shake,

"Do not be afraid." Optimus said in a calm tone, "I won't hurt you." B6 still backed up, as expected, "Is that your sparkling?"  he asked, B6 his Steelspark behind him, Optimus decided to stop moving. B6 stopped as well, the Prime held up his servos, showing he wasn't armed. B6 felt a tinge of fear leave him.

"W-what do you want?" B6 asked trying to sound..... well not afraid like he was.

".... I want to know if you need help...." he said, choosing his words wisely. B6 tensed,

"why?" he asked,

"You have a sparkling with you, no?" B6 nodded. "Are you in need of energon?" Optimus asked, B6 slightly nodded Optimus gave him a cube, he always took them just in case. B6 walked up to him slowly and grabbed it quickly, he gave to Steelspark feeling through their bond that he was hungry.

"You can have one too." Optimus offered, B6 looked up at him,

"I-I shouldn't, I should be leaving." B6 said,

"please, I can't let you or the sparkling stay here. You'd die." he said. B6 thought for a moment,

"you're the leader of the Autobots, would your team not deny me?" B6 asked cradling Steelspark,

"Seeing the sparkling, I could persuade them." he said calmly. Optimus looked to the sparkling,

"What is their name?" he asked,

"His name is Steelspark." B6 answered,

"Might I ask who's the sire. One look and I know its not another Vehicon." he commented,

"....He's......" B6 couldn't answer, Optimus nodded in understanding, the bucket like helm is all too familiar. Optimus sighed,

"Please, come with me, for your sparkling's sake." he said, B6 looked to him,

"I can't...." he said honestly, seriously? A con in amongst Bots? Not that he hated them to hi very core, but it would be too stupid and weird to comprehend after what our two sides have done to each other.

"Then for the sake of Steelspark," B6 knew what he was going to say "Give him to me. He'd be safer and well looked after." B6 hugged Steelspark tight backing away from the Prime, even said Prime knew it would be almost impossible to accomplish this, but he had to protect the sparkling.