Home free

i try not to hiss in pain as lance moves me in his arms so that he can sit down with me between his legs. "everybody contact your lions, get them ready for attack." Shiro instructs. everybody closes their eyes and i take the chance to look around. there is a key chain hanging above our weapons.

looking for something long enough i spot Pidge's extendable walking stick in her bag. reaching out to get it i am pulled back by lance as he stiffens his hold on me. looking up at his face i see his ayes closed.

i am struck by how pretty he looks. i already knew that lance was pretty from the time i had spent watching him. but now? now that had wasn't talking or making faces he was entrancingly beautiful.

his eye open and lock onto mine, my breath catches in my throat as neither of us look away.

"once you two are done starring into each other eyes, we need a plan." Pidge interrupts. face ablaze i look away and glare at the smiling gremlin.

"i have a plan" with my back on Lance's chest i can't help but to relax and lean back onto him. thankfully he doesn't seem to mind and this also allows me to hide how embarrassed i am right now.

"you do?" Hunk sounds impressed.

"yeah. we use Pidge's extendable walking stick to grab the keys off of the wall" nodding over to where the keys where hanging on the wall. "then we unlock the cage."

"then?" Shiro edges on.

"i didn't get that far." answering truthfully i deflate a little.

"its okay." Shiro takes charge again. "once we have escaped i wan't everybody to be on alert. have your bayards activated, we go stealth mode. get to your lions and back to the castle. somebody's going to need to go with Keith to the red lion. he can't walk let alone fly and i want somebody watching over him." i go object but Lance answer before i can

"i'll do it." Shiro nods at him.

"good, Pidge?"

"on it" she had already gotten out her stick and was sticking it through the bars. Red's cry enters my head again and i tense up, she's nearly at the camp. a hand slips in to mine and Lance's thumb starts to do small comforting circles on mine.

"relax, we've got this" he speaks low and husky into my ear. not trusting my self to make any noises i nod. Pidge lets out a noise of success as the keys slip onto her stick and down to her.

"here" handing them over to Hunk she puts the stick back to it's normal size and starts to pack up her bag. Hunk gingles the lock for a little before poping the door open.

"i'm going to stand up and pull you with me" lance informs me. he moves and i wince in pain. the arms tighten around me even more and i have to bite my lip to stop from crying out in pain. he slowly stands up, letting me lean against hi as much as i need to. stop being such a woos. i tell my self.

"Keith, you literally have a hole going through your shoulder that is as long as my rude finger." pointing her rude finger sideways she gives me a stern look. "and you have lost enough blood that i'm surprised that your arm is still working." i cringe. it wasn't that bad before.

"Keith stay with Lance. lance watch Keith. is everybody read to go?" Shiro passes the red and blue bayards to lance and i, once we've separated. i miss his absence of heat and my body years to be in his safe arms again.

"yep, we're all good Shiro" Pidge slings her bag over her shoulders.

"good, lets go" pushing the door open he rushes out. the two guards go down in a flash. we creep along the side of the built out prison and towards the woods. before we reach it though red soars in overhead and lands between us and the camp. she lets out a defining roar of anger.

"oh on" Hunk whimpers.

"Keith! Lance! get to red and get back to the castle." Lance hovers up next to me and stays by my side as i wobble over to Red's foot. placing a hand on her metal i connect with her.

calm down girl

she roars again and by this time the whole settlement has crowded around, holding up weapons.

"thieves! intruders! get them!" the leader yells out. Red's mouth glows just like she is about to fire at them.

stand down Red

i command. "Calm down girl" she doesn't stand down or fire either. "it's not their fault the galran's. you can't hurt them, they where just defending their home" i plead and the glow dies down. distracted i fail to notice the arrows that come flying at us. i only notice when lance jumps in front of me.

he cries out in pain as one spears through the side of his leg. at that red puts up her shield and my heart stops for a moment at the look of pain on Lance's face. "no. Lance!" griping his shoulders i ignore the pain in my shoulder.

"I'm fine. it's just a graze." taking my wrists in his hands he lowers my arm back down carefully. "lets go" Red lowers her head and opens her mouth. using my good arm i grip Lances side and pull him up against me. injured we hobble towards the entrance together. "let go of me, your only going to hurt yourself even more."

"no lance, your hurt too and i still have one good arm." wobbling we step into red's mouth and lance turn back around to face the people as red lowers her shield.

"we are the paladins of Voltron!" he yells at them before the entrance closes. Red takes off once we're safely inside her. feeling light headed i grip onto lances shirt tighter.

"Keith?" his voice i muffled, like he's talking under the water. letting go i try to walk towards the chair but everything doubles. bile rises in my mouth and everything goes dark.