-12-

"Hey, it's gabby" I answered their question politely. breathing the fresh air waiting for a reply.

"Gabby. I didn't recognise your voice sorry" a wave of relief washed over me.

"that's ok. we haven't talked for a couple years. how are you?"

"yeah sorry, I didn't keep in touch. I'm good but I would be better if you didn't run away" 

"we should meet up. I'm in LA at the moment."

"Hey, same. when do you want to meet up and where" 

"um, whenever works for you."

"where are you right now" 

"at the park near my new place" 

"and where is the park near your new place?" he stated 

"Griffith Park"

"good timing I'm right across the road."

"ok bye I'll talk to you soon" 

I hung up on him. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. 

He sat down next to me

"Hey," he said 

"hi," I said 

"are you ok," he asked concern laced his voice

"no" 

he hugged me close. I breathed in the scent of him. it was comforting to have someone.

I told him the whole story. by the end, tears were running down my cheeks again. he lifted my chin to look up at him he ran his finger over my cheek getting rid of the tears. 

I pulled him close. we hugged again breathing in his scent I relaxed in his arms more than I had relaxed in a long time. 

we sat in a nice silence for a while I could feel he wanted to ask questions but he held it back. he knew I wouldn't answer the questions. that's how I got when people asked too many questions. I appreciated that he didn't poke or prod. he knew I would tell him eventually.

I pulled him in one more time and whispered "thank you and I love you" I got off the bench and ran.

I got into my car. Breathing heavily I sank down in the seat. I looked back. 

he was walking towards my car. 

I wanted to leave this life. the only reason I was still here was because of Jakob. I couldn't put him through more pain that I caused. 

~2 weeks later~

we had been hanging out a lot.

"London" I yelled 

"what" she yelled back 

"get the door" 

"you get it"

"I don't want to"

"ok fine" she got to the door and pulled it open. 

Jakob walked into the living room. sitting down on the couch next to me.

"you really should give me a key to this place," he said with a laugh

"I don't know," I said snuggling into him