(Chapter 43) Ordinary Summer

Start from the beginning

"It's fine, I hear these words at Hogwarts every single day, especially from Fred and-" I paused and didn't go on, it felt odd whenever I said George's name. 

Mum only yanked the Daily Prophet out of my hands, apologizing quickly and began reading. She cursed more as she read, "Merlin's saggy ba-"  

"Now the image is in my head, please stop." Dad cried. 

"Alright," Mum huffed and turned to me, "Luci dear, go upstairs to your room, and feed Ginger if you must." 

"Okay," I chirped, knowing that Mum and dad are about to have an adult discussion of what has happened at the Quidditch World Cup. Now I was even more glad that I didn't take up George's invitation and go. I took a price of toast from my plate and scurried upstairs to my room. 

I would've stuck around and be nosey, but I feel like I know better now, let the adult have their own conversation. They won't listen to children anyway. 

After closing the door, I see Ginger perched on an owl stand on my desk. "Ginger~" I cooed, grinning as I approached the owl. His ear perked up at my voice, but the recoiled when he heard my tone, he knew I wanted something from him. "Here's some food, and can you send something for me?" 

Ginger stopped nibbling on the price of toast and look at me with his big brown eyes, after staring at me for a few seconds he went back to eating. 

"Thanks." I made myself comfy in my desk chair and began writing a letter to Hazel, asking her if she had read the Daily Prophet sprouted story of the Quidditch World cup. Which I do believe is true. 

A knock came from my door, and the door opened revealing dad. "Lucinda? You said Mrs. Weasley's family and Harry and his friend went to the Cup, right?" 

I nodded. "Yeah." 

"Oh dear, your mum would not like to hear about this," his voice became nervous and quiet, then went back to his original tone. "Your Mum and I have work in a bit, you sure you're okay on your own? You want one of us to stay home?" 

"No it's fine," I replied. "I can defend myself, I have a wand, it's right here-" I pointed on my desk, in the corner lied my black wood wand with silver accents.   

Dad hesitated, "Absolutely sure?"   

"Yes," I sighed. "I know self defense, plus, Ginger can poke whoever's eyeball out... what? Is true."  

"You can invite your friends over if you want," he suggested, then remembered something, as if a light bulb lit up in his head. "Oh right, after work your mum is going to take your measurements, be prepared because it's your mum." 

"Okay?" I responded, a bit confused on why take measurements. If I needed a new school robe or any new clothes, which I do not, I can just go to Madam Malkin's and get measurements there. 

"And stay away from boys this year, will you?" Dad smiled before closing the door, his footsteps thumping down the stairs.  

Normally, dad trusted me and never said the common dad phrase, 'Stay away from Boys'; because he knows that boys usually stay away from me. 

So I knew something was up, this got me curious, but the curiosity soon died down, by soon I meant instantly. I couldn't find the means to care what those words meant. 

I wrote more in the letter to Hazel, saying she can visit whenever she wants. I tied the letter to Ginger's claw and opened the window, "if you deliver it and come back within an hour then I'll give you the whole jar of treats." I said, bribing him in instant. 

He spread his wings and flew away into the distance. 

. . . 

"Welcome!" I squealed as a Hazel tumbled down the fireplace, she coughed and patted off some of the soot and ashes.  

However another body also came down seconds later. Rodrick jump to his feet and wiped dusted off his shirt and trousers. 

"I didn't invite you." I said flatly to Rodrick. 

Hazel nudged me, "well I invited him, my boyfriend," 

I look at her surprised, "When?"  

"When I turned fourteen," she answered. "I told a week ago that it was my birthday, you even came over to my Grandmother's house to celebrate." 

I thought back to that day and remembered Hazel said something about Rodrick, but I was too occupied with my cake to even hear her speaking. "I guess I forgot. Wait, I didn't know that turning fourteen means that a boyfriend comes with the package." If so then why don't I have a boyfriend? Well, not that I really need one, or want one, now. 

Hazel laughed. 

"I'm right here!" Sighed Rodrick exasperated. 

"Okay so I got a few things we can do together," I ignored Rodrick and led Hazel to the kitchen, showing her the laid out ingredients. 

"Are we...?" Hazel prompted. 

I nodded, "we're making custard and cake." 

"You mean cake and custard?" Rodrick corrected.  

"No I meant what I said, go home if you don't want to help." I snapped jokingly. 

Hazel even nodded in agreement. 

Rodrick quickly grabbed a mixing bowl. "Fine I'll help but I get to cut my own piece of cake," 

"Sure," I agreed. "Do you two like vanilla frosting, or what flavor?" 

"I stand by vanilla." Rodrick answered in a passionate way. 

"I agree with Rod," answered Hazel. 

As we baked and made the custard, none of us talked about the Quidditch World Cup, not even touching the subject.  

__________  

I feel you Rodrick, I feel you, I also stand by a classic vanilla. 

Anyways I hope you people enjoyed this chapter, third one I published today. Merlin bless. ALSO, since the diary is ruined it will no longer play a part in the story, yeah. 

Please pressed or click the star button (vote), share with others, and COMMENT if you want.