(Chapter 34) Dementors on the Train

After waving goodbye to my parents, Hazel and I set off down the train, trying to find an empty compartment. After searching for a while, we had finally found an empty compartment. Setting our trunks and bags on the racks, Hazel sat across from me with her pet rabbit while Ginger was in his cage with a few owl treats.

Hazel cradled her rabbit in her arms, inhaling the light floral scent from his coat. "I knew giving it a bath was a good idea, thanks for letting me use your hair wash on Chappin."

I nodded awkwardly, "No problem, wait- what did you name him?"

"Chappin," Hazel smiled, stroking the rabbit's coat, "I spent hours last night trying to think of a name."

"Sounds a little French," I replied, reaching my hand out to pet Chappin, but just before I could touch him he turned into a top hat. "Can he turn into anything other than a hat?" I asked jokingly, withdrawing my hand.

"Probably not."

At around one o'clock, the trolley witch had knocked on our compartment door. "Anything from the trolley, dears?"

"No thanks," we both replied in unison.

"Well if you do then I'll be at the front with the conductor." the witch said as she left, moving onto the next compartment.

Later, a knock of the compartment door made me snap my gaze away from the window, I got up and opened the door, a smile etched across my lips when I saw that it was George. "George, you need anything?" I asked, a faint smile on my lips.

"Well, you said yesterday that you're sitting with me for a little part of the ride." George said, tossing a blood-flavored lollipop to me. "Here's a treat,"

I pocketed the lollipop, looking over at Hazel apologetically, "Sorry Hazel, is it okay if I go sit with George for a bit? Forgot to tell you."

Hazel shook her head, "I don't mind, just come before we arrive,"

"Okay then, see you in a bit."

George grabbed me by the hand and walked out of the compartment. "Come on, Fred and Lee are trying to sneak dung bombs into cauldron cakes,"

"For who?" I questioned with a smirk on my lips.

"We plan on putting it on the trolley, so whoever buys it gets a little surprise." George snickered, he opened a compartment door and lead me in. Fred and Lee sent me a wave, stopping on what they were doing.

"We thought you wouldn't be joining us," said Fred, grinning. "Looks like Georgie here convinced you, what did he use? Love potion? A threat? Or maybe showed yo-"

"Shut it, Freddie," George groaned, closing the compartment door then sitting across from the other two. He patted to the seat next to him, motioning me to sit next to him.

I sat down, turning to Fred and Lee and looking at the tampered cauldron cakes, "Are you sure you can sneak that onto the trolley?"

Fred nodded as if it was a stupid question. "We're professionals."

Lee held up the stack of cauldron cakes, "It's simple once you've done it every train ride for a couple of years."

"True," George piped up. "At first we gave them away, but sneaking them on the trolley will have a lower chance of getting us in trouble."

"Come on Fred," Lee said as he held up a stack of cauldron cakes. "We'll be back in a few."

"Don't get to close," Fred warned teasingly before closing the compartment door, leaving me with George.