(Chapter 33) Pet Rabbit

I sat on the couch closest to the fireplace, waiting for Hazel to arrive through floo powder. She had stayed at her Grandmother's cottage for half the summer and was going to spend the rest with me, we had taken the liberty of planning it out ourselves by owl. 

Sneaking glances at the clock I waited for the clock to strike three o'clock, which was the time Hazel said she would come. "Lucinda, honey, she'll show up in just a bit," Mum said as she took a seat next to me on the couch. "Your dad is coming home at five today, so be downstairs at six for dinner, I made your favorite dessert."

"Custard?" I gasped, mum nodded with a knowing smile. She got up from the couch and made her way to the kitchen, while tying her hair up in a bun she said, "And please show Hazel to the guest room, I remodeled it to your suggestion."

"Thanks," I grinned, "Love you, mum." 

Seconds later Hazel and all her luggage tumbled down the fireplace, covered in soot and ashes. "Hey Luci," Hazel coughed while trying to get on her feet, "I don't use the floo method to travel very often."

"Oh, dear," Mum said, walking up to Hazel with a damp towel, "Let's get you cleaned up." just before she could wipe the soot and ashes off I coughed loudly, getting her attention.

"Mum, are you a witch that is over seventeen and can do magic, or not?"

Mum rolled her eyes and pulled out her wand from her apron, "The muggle way seems more humane." casting a cleaning charm the soot and ash disappeared from Hazel and her luggage completely.

"True, but the magic way is faster," Hazel replied, shooting me a smile.

"Alright, alright, you girls can go play." Mum responded, gesturing for us to go upstairs. "I'll be in the kitchen if you girls need me,"

"Got it." I replied, picking up half of Hazel's things. "You'll be staying in the guest room, mum remodeled it for you when I told her you're visiting,"

"Tell her I said thanks," Hazel replied, picking up the rest of her bags. 

"Hey mum! Hazel says thanks for remodeling the guest room!" I shouted towards the kitchen, hearing a faint reply as we trotted up the stairs. Opening the door to the guest room, I placed down her bags next to her bed.

"The bathroom is down the hall, and you're welcome to visit my room anytime." I said, pulling open the curtains, "do you need help unpacking anything?"

"No, I'm alright." Hazel replied, looking around the room, "but thanks for the room, uh, how did your mum know my favorite color?" the walls were painted a light shade of green, the bed sheets and curtains were the same color. 

I chuckled, "I told her of course, sharing a dorm with you has its perks, not to mention your favorite jumper is light green."

"Speaking of jumpers, I knitted one for you during the time I was at my nan's cottage, she taught me tons of household things." Hazel said sheepishly, taking out a light blue knitted jumper from her trunk and tossed it to me. "I know it's summer, but maybe you can wear it in the winter,"

I gasped, hugging the jumper close to my chest. "Thank you, but who cares about winter- I'll wear it in the summer even if it means I'll die from heatstroke."

"Please don't," Hazel replied, giving me a flat look.

~~~~~~~~~~ 

The remaining days of summer passed by smoothly, Hazel and I shopped for all of our Hogwarts supplies and was ready for third year. We've spent a few weeks to get our textbooks read, and we were also practicing a song for the choir that we'll be performing before the welcoming feast.