Chapter 34

John's POV
I woke up to a pillow on top of me.
Am I a bad sleeper? Nope.
I quickly threw the pillow on the floor and forcing myself to get up. Alexander was gone for a bit therefore this parenting thing will be me for now. I rush downstairs to see Phillip still asleep. Weird he usually wakes up at this time. I quickly prepared his breakfast. Buttered toast, scrambled eggs and strawberries on the side. I place that where his high chair is and woke him up. Basically mommy stuff.
To my surprising.. Phillip woke up immediately.
"Good morning dad!!" He shouted.
"Where's Pops?"
"Daddy is taking a.... business trip! But he'll be back soon sweetheart.." I said with a nervous smile, kissing his forehead. He smiled and rushed to his high chair.
Breakfast is the meal he loves most.
(Alexa and Katie reference if you guys watch it)
As he eats I rush to iron his clothes and prepare his bath.
Time skip..
"Bye Pip!" I shouted as he started entering his school bus.
"Bye daddy!!" He shouts back.
That's weird no one ever calls me 'daddy' that's Alexander's role. 😏
Anyways.. I rushed back to inside to see Theodosia scratching her head was seemed like disappointment.
"Theo whats wrong?" I asked her.
"John.. it worries me that you over exert yourself, you had a terrible hangover this morning and you should have been resting, yet you forced yourself up to take care of Phillip.." Theodosia mumbled.
"Yeah.. I'll do anything for him.." I sighed. Theo nodded placing a hand on my shoulder.
"That's how you know you're a parent John."

Alex's POV
I flipped myself to the man. He gave me a disappointed look.
"What the fuck happened last night?!" I shouted with pure rage. How could I do this to John? My love!
"Alexander it's all a misunderstanding!!" He shouted back. I rolled my eyes.
"How!? We slept together! I cheated on my boyfriend.. my best friend saw how can this be a misunderstanding!!!" I yelled back poor Maria she hates when people argue especially when they scream at each other.
"YOU'VE BEEN SET UP OKAY!!"
What? "Set up?" Well that's way better than actually doing it.
"Set up?" I pondered. "By who?!" I asked with anger in my voice. He stepped back.
"T-Thomas.." he managed to spit out.
"Thomas what!"
"T-Thomas Jefferson!" He finally shouted.
Thomas Jefferson? President of Gem why?
"Why would Thomas do this to me?" I asked him not screaming.
"He found out you escaped his prison and started you're own country.. he wanted revenge, he wanted you to suffer. Your weakness is John.." He stated in a soft voice.
What? All these years..?
"Why? After all these years-."
"I don't know Alex! But I have the video proof of his confessing.. James Madison gave it to me. Also I knew I wouldn't be able to do this to you.. You should give this to Maria before you're boyfriend finds out.." He whispered handing me a cassette tape.
First off cassette tape? What are we in the 1900's?
"Wait! At least tell me your name! I owe you."
"You don't really.. Pendleton... Nathaniel Pendleton."
He said rushing out of the house. Now I've got to find Maria..
I searched around the house we were at for hours.. She couldn't have gone far.. I know Maria she would ask me about it, she wouldn't leave me even if I did something really, REALLY bad. I mean in this case it seems like I did do something bad but THATS NOT THE POINT.
I finally found her looking out at the sky from the rooftops.
"What happened.?" She asked firmly with a hint of hoarse in her voice. She sounded like she'd been crying.
"Maria it's definitely not what it looked like. Thomas tried to set me up to seen like I slept with him but I didn't.. seriously the guy confessed it and gave me Thomas's confession."
She turned her head at me. Her eyes were bloodshot red. Her mascara was running marathons down her face.
"I'm so sorry.." she sobbed in her hand.
"It's not your fault.." I reassured her.
"It is.. I should have waited for your explanation!"
"Maria! What happened?" I cut her off.
"I-I told John already, with pictures of it.."

A/N
Ooooohhhh shitttt
Did I just do that?
Welp...
bunny out🐰💨