Chapter 7

John's POV
"John.. I hope he's okay.."
"What happened to him?!?"
"It's not his fault!"
"I shouldn't have left him leave.."
I kept hearing outside voices fade in.
Louder and louder..
My eyes pierce open like the Fourth of July. I slowly lift myself up. Causing everyone around me to stop their conversations and yelling.
"John! Oh my lanta, are you okay?" Peggy questioned as she pulled me in a light hug. I looked around noticing there was a machine connected to my arm.
" where.. where am I?" I asked rubbing the sand out of my eyes.
"Jackie.. you fainted. Alexander tried to contact us, and we brought you here." Peggy explained letting go of me. I fainted?
"How.. what exactly happened.?" I asked my brain isn't flashing me the pictures of what had happened.
"That's the thing John.. no one knows what happened.. the doctors thinks you fainted of dehydration but saw all your cuts on your back and arms..." Alexander tells me. He sits down next to me. Placing his hands on mine.
"What happened.. why do you have so many cuts on your skin?"
I knew I couldn't answer especially since all these people I barely knew were in the room with me. The only person that knew was Peggy.. I wasn't ready to tell Alexander and his friends.
" I- I can't say.." I sighed. I kept my head down at my hands.
"John.. how can we help you.?" Hercules questioned.
"There's no way.. all I can do is help myself." I forced a smile. I let go of Alex's hands and covered myself in the sheets.

Alex's POV
John wasn't okay.. I know he wasn't okay. He says he can help himself but I want to help him. I gave the others a signal to leave the room.
Peggy gave me a strange glance but eventually left.
"The others left John.. can we talk?" I whispered. Trying to lift the sheets a little.
He caved in and lifted the sheets from his head. He was still lying down though.
Although he was hurting.. he still looked angelic. The white sheet covered his body except his head. His curly hair was still in perfect puffy curls, it looks like he has bangs. His eyes fixated on the machine connected to his arm. Gods.. help me.
"What is it?" He replied.
I placed my hand on his cheek. His face immediately turned a light rosy color.
"Why are you being like this? Although I just met you yesterday, you seemed like a bright person now you seem broken.. I just want to know what happened and what I can do.." I acknowledged.
Then his breathing became more heavy.
"Alexander.. I just can't.. I can't tell you; not yet at least." I responded in a low tone.
I frowned. But I had to respect his decision. The guy barely knows me, why would I think he would tell me? He lifts himself up as to where he is sitting in front me. Only a few feet apart from our foreheads.
"How long are you going to be here in Sagit?" He asked with a worried expression.
"We are here until tomorrow morning.. why?"
His worried expression turned into a frown.
"Sucks.. I wanted to get to know you better." He responded getting closer to me. I smirked.
"Welll! Why don't you come to Scorp with us?" Lafayette interrupted. Dang it.
"Oh.. I don't think that's a good idea.. my.." John began. But cut himself off.
" oh come on! That's actually a good idea! You guys would know how it's like in Scorp, and we will get to know you guys more."Maria added on giving me a wink.
"But John needs to heal and rest.." Peggy remarked.
" Come on, doesn't John leave the hospital in a couple of hours?" Maria persisted. John and Peggy gave each other a scared look. As if they had a secret language for facial expressions.
"Sure.. I would love to see Scorp." John answered. Peggy flashed a glare at John.
"John! What about.."
"Peggy it's okay.. he would do it either way." John cut her off.
"He would do it either way?" What is he referring to?
"Then it's settled, we are going to Scorp baby!!" Lafayette and Maria shouted and the same time, and gave each other a Hi Five. I swear those two are practically the same human, just different genders.

John's POV
I know leaving Sagit wasn't safe. Especially since I never know when my dad is going to be home. But I had to leave this country at least for a little while. I couldn't stand being here. Everyone hurts me and I don't understand why. At least I'll have more time with Alexander. The only problem is; I had to go home tonight.
Time skip.. hours later
The doctor finally gave the clarification that we would leave. It was already getting dark. The Zodiac Gods know how much I dreaded going home every night. Dad didn't text me, so I doubt that he was home. Thank Lord! I waved goodbye to everyone as they all stayed in Peggy and Eliza's home.
I opened the door to my house when I saw my dad talking to my mom.
My mom.. haven't seen her in so long. Well she treats me the same as my dad, just not as harsh. Whenever he's around she gets all "bad mom." When he's not she's actually reassuring.
"Mom?" I asked.
She looked at me. My dad immediately threw a bottle at the door nearly hitting my head. I dodged it just in time.
"Hush when the adults are talking, boy. Go to your room."
I quickly rushed up the stairs as I felt glass being thrown on my back.
I sat on my hard wooden bed.
Why is my mom back? Does she want me to live with her? I sure hope so.
Knock knock knock
"Come in?" I respond it's my mom.
"Hi John.." My mother tells me. I run over to her and hug her.
"Mom I've missed you! How have you been?" I ask with hopeful eyes.
She doesn't smile. She lets go of my hug and pushed onto my bed. Weird she never pushes me, and never rejects my hugs.

A/N
Hello there!
Why is John's mom home?
Will Alex find out about Johns family?
Find out soon🐰🤣