Chapter Nine

I woke up the next morning in a similar position as before. Brandon's arms were wrapped around me and my back was flat to his chest. I could feel his steady breathing tickle my neck. I felt the air shift around us but couldn't see around him to see what was happening.

"Rise and shine sleepyhead. It's time to start your day with a cup of my famous java and then after breakfast I'm going to show you the ropes around the track."

"Go away. She'll come out when she's ready. Sang, Doll ignore him and he'll go away." Brandon mumbled into my hair. Marc scoffed and shuffled on over to my side of the bed and pulled me out from Brandon's grasp.

"Nope. We have a big day ahead of us and Sang needs to get ready. You on the other hand need to go get ready for that appoint that you have scheduled in... 10 minutes." Brandon shot up from the bed.

"Shit! Why didn't you wake me up sooner? I'm going to be late." He scrambled for his bag and rushed to his apartment so I could get ready as well.

"I did warn him. But now you Bean, need to go freshen up so we can have breakfast. We have a busy busy day ahead of us."

"Bean?"

"Yeah, your small like a little bean."

"Well if I'm Bean then you're... Java since you like coffee."

"Java. I like that. Enough chit chat, go get ready. I will have breakfast ready when you're done."

I took a quick shower and got ready for whatever we were doing that day. Marc mentioned a while back that he worked at a racetrack so I assumed that was where we were going. As I got out of the shower I couldn't help but to look down at my stomach through the mirror. It was too early for me to start showing but I knew that this little baby growing inside of me was going to be my everything. Their father might not be in the picture but I'm still here and I will do my best to ensure that they have the best life possible. I didn't know what it was like to grow up in a good family and the only family I have known hated me or didn't want me anymore. But that wasn't going to stop me from loving him or her with all of my being.

I left my room to smell coffee and pancakes coming from the kitchen and when I got there I saw Marc in my pink apron over the stove plating the food. I stood at the doorway watching him dance around and let out a giggle. He whipped his head towards me but effectively burned his hand. He let out a hiss and dropped the pan on the stove and I rushed over to him.

"Oh no, are you okay?" I asked grabbing his hand and leading it to the sink and pushed it under cold water. "Leave it under there while I get something to put over it. I moved to my medicine counter and grabbed a bandaid and Neosporin. Taking his hand out I gently patted it dry before applying the cream and bandaid. All the while I missed the look on Marc's face as he watched me fuss over him with tight lips and furrowed brows.

"There, how does that feel?" I looked up at him not noticing how close we were standing next to each other.

"If this is how you react every time one of us gets hurt Raven is going to be giving himself wounds just so you'd nurse him back to health. Hell I might be running into danger myself just to get this kind of treatment again." I blushed and slowly stepped back.

"If you're okay I guess we should go eat breakfast." I blushed and shuffled to my seat at the island. Marc let out a low chuckle and joined me at the table.

After breakfast we took a short drive out to the racetrack that Marc worked at. The plan was for me drive around the course they had set up for Academy test so he can mark my score down. He wanted to make sure that my skills were up to his standards if I was going to be driving myself around. And that's what we did for a few hours. Any small issues he fixed on the spot and we did them over and over again until I got them down without an issue. After that I helped him with some of the paper work that needed to be done and filed. All and all the day was simple and fun. By the time we got back to the apartment it was almost time for dinner so Marc left me so we could go freshen up and I would make us something to eat for the night. I still had some left over taco soup so I heated that up and got started on a light pasta dish that I've been wanting to try out. I was just finishing up when Marc came in with his stuff for the night. 

"Hey, I had some taco soup left over and made some pasta to go with it." I told him.

"Sounds delicious. I'm going to drop my stuff off first and then I'll be right back."

"You can just throw it in my room." He nodded and went off down the hallway. Seconds later he came back out and helped me set up the table. We sat down and I waited for him to take the first bite since I wasn't sure if it would be something he would like.

"This is delicious Sang! I'm a pretty good chef if I do say so myself but this is something else."

"It's nothing special but I'm glad you like it ."

After dinner Marc insisted on doing the dishes while I got changed into the PJs . We decided to watch some movies before bed like I had done with Brandon the night before. Brandon had set up some movies on the tv to make it easier on me if I ever wanted to watch some on my own. I chose to start the Fast & Furious series since I knew Marc worked at a racing track even though street racing and professional driving aren't the same thing.

"Oh I love these movies." Marc exclaimed when he joined me on the couch, "Don't watch these with Brandon though. He loves to point out things that are wrong with the cars and how unrealistic some of the specs are."

"Noted."

We were able to get through the first two movies before I got sleepy and Marc had to practically carry me to the bed, turning off the lights and joining me. In my sleepy haze I reached out to snuggle up against Marc as soon as I felt the bed dip. I was like a moth to a flame with his body heat. He wrapped his arms securely around me and I knocked out like a light.

A/N: I'm so sorry that I haven't updated this in so long. I'm most likely going to abandon this. I have no idea what is going on in the original story anyway. I don't have motivation to continue this even though I know how I want this story to go and end up.

If you guys are interested I can share the plot points of this story and how it ends but I don't think I will continue working on this.

Thank you for the constant support and love. Best wishes