⊱⊰ 13: Idealism of the Dragon King [Revised] ⊱⊰

Почніть із самого початку

An arrogant smile spread across Belinsk's wrinkled face. "Never forget this conversation, Prince En."

En displayed no emotion, despite not understanding what that man meant with those words.

"You should prepare yourself, My Prince," Belinsk continued, "unexpected changes will soon knock your door."

As silence fell, Belinsk smiled at him. He then walked away, disappearing in the hallway that was brightened with orange light.

En stood there, confused.

"Unexpected changes," he whispered.

Losing himself in his thoughts, trying to understand that man's words, a sudden realization hit En.

Is something going to happen to Father?

At that realization, En rushed through the hallway, in search of his father. His heart pounded as he explored several sides of the castle. Worry flowed through his veins as he couldn't find his father anywhere. He didn't give up and checked every corner of the large castle until he bumped into someone.

"Ah." En rubbed his forehead.

"Your Highness," said a cheerful voice, "how many times do I have to tell you, no running in the hallways."

En's lips formed a small smile as his gaze met the silver-haired Kraden. He remembered the countless times he would say that when he was little.

"Hi, uncle Kraden," he said. "Have you seen Father? I can't find him anywhere."

"Oh," replied Kraden. "His Majesty is in a war."

En raised a brow.

"He's having a tough battle with a mountain of documents he has to read and sign," Kraden clarified, laughing. "That's why he won't have dinner with you tonight."

"Is that so?" asked En.

Kraden replied with a nod.

"I don't understand why the throne is so desired by many." Kraden sighed. "If anyone saw how stressed your father is doing paperwork, they would think twice before having one."

"Then I'd better prepare myself to face those papers," En teased.

Kraden smiled at him.

"By the way," said En before he took another step. "Weren't you supposed to travel to Eteria to visit your family?"

Kraden folded his arms. "Are you chasing me away?"

"Of course not," replied En, chuckling. "I'm curious."

As the King's right-hand man, Kraden spent most of his days in Celestia. He only visited his family twice a month.

"Your aunt will drop by here in a few weeks," said Kraden. "I thought it would be better we leave together once her visit ends."

En's brows arched. "Why is aunt Regina dropping by?"

"Don't worry." Kraden patted En's shoulder. "Despite her being the leader of our clan, visiting her twin brother won't hurt her."

En gazed at him suspiciously. As the leader of the Dragon Clan, his aunt had planned dates to see them, so she wouldn't abandon the clan suddenly. This sudden visit seemed fishy and he didn't like it.

"I have to see Father." En rushed away from the area.

For a few minutes, he walked around the castle as worries flooded his mind. After making that mistake in the Forbidden Lands, he had been feeling uneasy. The constant council meetings that summoned his father. Those confusing words Belinsk had told him and his aunt's sudden visit definitely meant something was going on.