⊱⊰ 13: Idealism of the Dragon King [Revised] ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

"I see, so you found it ugly too," said his grandmother, picking the flower. "Your mother thought the same, but your father wouldn't stop gifting her these flowers either to apologize or impress her."

En's brows arched. "Why didn't Father stop?"

"Because your mother never told him." His grandmother chuckled. "She didn't want to hurt his feelings. But she always wondered what he could see in those flowers."

En received the flower from his grandmother and examined it curiously.

"The Kings before your father never showed any kind of affection towards the women who gave them their heirs," said his grandmother, sighing. "Your father was raised that way and when he fell in love for the first time in his life, he had no idea what gift could make your mother happy. His unattractive and weird presents were understandable."

En gazed at his grandmother as she caressed his dark hair.

"In the end, those flowers became your mother's favorites," she continued. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind receiving this present from you too if she were alive."

That memory faded as he stood up. He wondered how his family's life would have been if his mother was still alive.

He resumed his walk on his way to meet his father. He slowly left the green gardens and met the main building of the white castle. Approaching the edifice, he noticed that the lights were already switched on, confirming that the night had embraced the land.

He increased his pace to reach his destination. He'd have to prepare himself to meet his father during dinner.

--♐♑♓--

Walking through the hallway of the castle, all his gaze met were statues and several paintings beautifying the gray walls. Throughout the trip to his room, he crossed paths with several servants. Lately, they had been staring at him with doubt and disgust. But whenever he looked back at them, they would quickly freeze and look away.

The way the employees looked at him bothered him. That rumor of him protecting a Celestian might have ruined the little respect they had on him and there was only one way to win it back.

"Prince En," called a distant voice.

Upon hearing his name, En stopped. Recognizing that familiar voice, he clenched his fists to maintain his calm. He didn't feel, no. He never felt like seeing Belinsk. That man always attempted to mess with his feelings whenever they crossed paths.

He exhaled and turned around, his face expressionless.

"What do you want, Belinsk?" he asked, his voice emotionless.

Belinsk let escape an amused laugh. "Manners, little En. You're talking to your uncle."

En didn't drop his expressionless gaze at the man with dark brown hair, which had strands of gray. Belinsk's coffee eyes that had shades of yellow on their contours, stared back at him with amusement.

"You're not my uncle." En broke the few seconds of silence.

Belinsk smiled maliciously and patted En's shoulder. En slapped his hand away from him. Despite this man being his father's younger brother, En never liked him. Part of the reason was that Belinsk always enjoyed messing with his feelings, ever since he was a child.

"You should be careful with your words, Prince En," said Belinsk, "as one day you might regret that—no. You will surely regret those words and beg to be part of my family."

Although a confused expression almost slipped on his pale face, En was able to keep his expressionless gaze. "I would rather die than shame myself like that."