“Fear not, Legolas Thranduillion,” she tilted her head and looked directly into my eyes, “Anastasia is her only means to live. If she dies, the dark queen won’t survive. She will not risk such thing, no matter how great is her rage.”

Her words only bring little comfort in my chest, and I still couldn’t shake the fear that lurked behind my mind.

We watched as the Lady of Light slipped an arm behind Sara’s neck and held her up gracefully. She nudged her gently.

“Awake. Awake, Anastasia,” she said in a hushed, low voice.

As if bending to her will, Anastasia opened her lids. An unnatural silver-grey orbs staring up blankly and fluttered aimlessly through her lashes.

The pain in my chest return upon seeing the color in her eyes. She was, by all means, still one of the fairest female I’ve ever laid my eyes upon besides the Lady of Light herself. But the color in her eyes unnerved me to no end. It wasn’t bright green like it was supposed to be, almost as if her eyes lets anyone who gaze upon her to know that life was seeping out of her.

Lady Galadriel brought a bowl close to Sara’s lips and gently persuade her to drink. Sara’s eyes landed on me, then with struggle she swallowed the elven potion that Lady Galadriel gave her.

She choked, her silver eyes widened as if the liquid burned her throat. She tried to look away from the bowl. Her eyes fluttered again, this time shifting to the faces of the others.

Then a brief determination passed on her silvery orbs. She choked, but bravely swallowed the remaining of the potion. Her eyes met mine again. This time my eyes pricked. The pain on my chest stung painfully and I couldn’t bear to watch her like this anymore.

I turned my face away and stood up. I walked out of the pavilion, ignoring the flashes of memories where my adar (father) desperately tried to cure my naneth (mother). The same hopelessness, and the same fear of losing her suddenly came back rolling on me in a wave.

I was overwhelmed.

My heart clenched painfully. I clutched my chest with my hand , but nothing I did could erase the pain.

“Lad,” said Gimli, appearing to my side with heavy footsteps. “You heard the Lady of Light. Sara is a fighter. She has a stout heart like those own by female dwarves!” he exclaimed cheerfully. “She will live.”

I turned my head slowly to look at Gimli. I smiled a little when he compared Sara to female dwarves, but more than that I was more thankful that the dwarf came to comfort me.

Who knew that the people that I considered as someone I would never tolerate would be here to comfort me?

I put my right hand to my heart and bowed my head in thanks.

“Thank you, Gimli.”

Days passed and each of us, along with Idril watched over Sara who remained unconscious except for the time when we would wake her to have her drink some healing potion of Lothlorien.

Sometimes the twins Gorwed and Gorwyn came to the pavilion to see how she was doing. Another time the little elflings came bringing combs to comb Sara’s golden hair.

The action of course didn’t make a difference to her condition, but the elflings seemed generally comforted that they could help with way that they could. Even something as small as keeping her hair neat and tidy.

The twins then would go home whenever they were done, their expression crestfallen knowing that their new friend was not waking up. We all noticed how the elflings seemed to lost their appetite to play or even prank Gimli because of Sara’s ailment.