A Really Terrible Idea

Liam only asks Theo because he's. Stiles is dating Lydia now and he wasn't about to ask Scott. Although that might have been a surer option. His mom probably wouldn't have believed him though.
He doesn't have a lot of male friends, but unfortunately, that's what his mom will be expecting now. He shouldn't have lied about having a boyfriend to make coming out easier. He's not great at making sustainable plans.
Anyway, all his options are gone or dating someone so it's just Theo left. Of course, Theo is a dick and he just laughs in Liam's face when he asks.
"Wait," Theo gapes at him, "Are you actually serious?"
Liam glares.
"You want me to pretend to be your boyfriend for Christmas. You actually think I would be a good fake boyfriend? Seriously, I AM me and even I know this is a bad idea!"
Theo looks sort of panicked.
"Well, you wouldn't be my first choice."
"And that's probably a good thing!" Theo nearly shouts, looking like he's been told that he was headed back to hell.
Liam stares.
"It's that bad?"
Theo shuffles his feet and tugs at his hair. He also proceeds to ignore Liam.
"But really. Do you want me around your family?"
Theo's grin can only be described as dangerous.
Liam doesn't think he's going to agree. He needs to get out of here in the least awkward was possible.
"Forget it. You fucking suck." He mumbles, turning away.
There's a scuff behind him like Theo is tripping over something and then a hand on his wrist. At the touch Liam can feel his eyes glow, but he turns slowly when Theo doesn't let go.
"All right." Theo mutters.
"All right?"
"I'll do it you idiot!"
Liam blinks.
"Oh."
Theo drops his arm and steps away.
"I still don't know why you asked me."
Theo looks kinda depressed, and Liam wonders idly what he'd have to do to make him smile at him. Just once.
Which is a weird thought to have?
"You know me better than anyone in uni and from high school who doesn't already have someone." Is all he can say.
If possible, that seems to make Theo more disappointed. Liam frowns.
When Theo notices Liam watching he pastes a smile on.
"Right. Convenience. Okay." He says in a way too happy voice.
It sounds unnatural on him.
Theo turns away and starts to leave.
"Text me details I guess." He calls.
Liam doesn't reply.
It's been a weird day.
-----

Theo half expects Liam to just confess to his parents that he doesn't have a boyfriend and to never hear from him ever again.
So, when the text comes the next day he nearly has a heart attack because that means he actually agreed to be Liam's boyfriend how is he so stupid.
'You still in?'
'You seemed like you'd rather do pretty much anything else.'
Theo growls low in his throat, because Liam being thoughtful is not something he needs. It's kind of sad that he can practically hear Liam saying it. He'd probably pretend to be annoyed and disinterested, but Theo would, annoyingly, know right away that he actually cared about Theo's feelings. A strange and stupid thing to do. Theo doesn't even trust himself.
'That's my normal face'
'Fuck off it's not'
'You have strange opinions of me though'
Theo grins when Liam doesn't answer right away, picturing how his eyes are glowing and he's clenching his fingers.
'That's beside the point. Are you in or not'
'I said I'd do it'
'Fine'
'You need to be prepared'
'My parent will ask a lot of questions'
Theo wanders over to his bed and flops down, knowing that this is going to be a long conversation. Liam gets so worried about everything.
It's kind of endearing. 
'Hit me'
'They'll want to know when we started dating'
Theo sighs.
'Really it would be easier to just talk about this'
'I don't think i could handle being around you that long'
Theo ignores the stab of hurt at Liam's words.
'You're going to have to get used to it baaabe'
'Don't call me that.'
'Fuck off'
'Why did i even ask you'
'Whatever. Meet me in the football field bleachers.'
Theo grins, feeling something in him simultaneously break and heal.
-----

Liam climbs the stairs tiredly. He'd been up nearly the whole night just thinking. Theo was arguably the worst choice, but for some reason Liam didn't want anyone else.
Which was strange to think.
Somehow, Theo had become someone he'd trust with his life. A stupid decision if you ask literally anyone.
But Liam shakes his head and plods the final stairs up to the 10th bleacher.
"You look like hell." comes Theo's voice, causing Liam to jerk in surprise.
"And believe me, I know what that looks like."
Theo looks bitter and Liam automatically reaches a hand out to touch his shoulder.
Theo's face turns surprised and Liam wonders if he should move his hand. Then he realizes that they're going to be doing a lot more than touching shoulders if they go through with the plan.
The wind blows and Liam shivers, curling into himself, Theo sighs and pats the bench right beside him.
"Sit closer you idiot, we can't have you sick and spewing nonsense while we're trying to convince your mother we're in a committed and loving relationship."
Liam shuffles closer until he can feel the extra heat radiating off of Theo. The wolf keeps them both running at a higher temperature, but it's still cold in the middle of December.
"We need to talk."
"Great way to start a conversation, babe."
Liam ignores the jab and twists his hands together as much as he can with the gloves covering his fingers.
"Before you come live with me for a week we need to set some rules."
Liam hears Theo sigh again and then the other boy settles back in his seat and rests his feet on the bleacher infront of them.
"Why did you choose to sit outside for this?"
Liam scowls.
"Shut up."
Liam can see Theo smirk out of the corner of his eye. He squeezes his eyes shut and wills the strange feeling in the pit of his stomach to go away.
"Anyway! We're going to be back at Beacon Hills, which means that we will probably run into the rest of the pack."
Theo tenses visibly.
"Are you going to tell them?"
"I can't, Scott will never approve."
Liam shifts, his movements bringing him closer to Theo. He decides not to move away.
"So you're going to lie to everyone instead."
Liam hums.
"I'm rubbing off on you Dunbar."
"That's the idea." Liam mutters and then feels his cheeks burn.
Theo lets out a surprised snort.
"Oh my god." He gasps, "I can't believe you actually said that."
Liam grumbles and makes to move away.
"No."
Theo grabs his forearm, abruptly serious.
"This is what it's about, isn't it? We're kind of friends now, and we're going to pretend that we're a whole lot more than that. We need to be comfortable together or it'll never work."
Liam nods, transfixed by Theo's bare fingers on his blue jacket.
"You said that I knew you."
"I said you knew me better-"
"Shut up." Theo interrupts.
"You said I knew you, so you need to let me know you."
Liam yanks his arm out of Theo's grasp.
"I don't trust you." He says, ignoring how much of a lie that feels like.
"You don't have to." Theo replies.
Liam doesn't notice how small his voice is.
"Is this even going to work? We've literally been sitting here for maybe fifteen minutes and we're already fighting."
"We'll make it work. Now, what are your rules."
Liam fidgets until Theo groans and grabs one of his hands, forcibly holding it until Liam stills. He doesn't let go then either, and Liam doesn't force him to.
It's just because he has to get used to it. Right?
"Liam?"
Right, rules.
"Um, well I think we should try to keep the arguing to a minimum obviously."
Theo huffs, but Liam ignores him and powers on.
"And we need some rules on the touching I guess."
"What will your mom expect?"
Liam licks his lips.
"I'm a pretty... ah, affectionate person when I have a significant other so..."
"So a lot."
"She's never seen me with a boy before though." Liam is quick to input.
Theo looks hard at Liam.
"How many boys have you been with, anyway? I haven't heard of any."
Liam's cheeks darken and he's sure that Theo can hear his heartbeat speed up.
"Um. None?"
Theo drops Liam's hand and turns his whole body sideways on the bench.
"Nobody?!" He asks in disbelief.
Liam coughs.
"Nope." He mumbles.
Theo leans back, his eyes wide.
"Jesus Christ. You know we're probably going to have to kiss at some point in time right?"
Liam doesn't think he can get any more embarrassed.
"I know."
"And you don't want it to be, you know, someone you actually care about?"
"I care about you!" Liam says emphatically.
He's not sure why he said it a moment later when Theo's mouth shuts with a snap and his expression turns inward.
"Theo?"
Theo hums, blinking.
"I really don't mind."
The other boy looks slightly shell-shocked and Liam takes a deep breath before gently touching his jaw.
"I lied before."
Theo focuses on Liam and grasps his wrist.
"I do trust you. I trust you not to do anything stupid in front of my family. I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't."
They sit like that for a moment, Theo looking strangely ripped open and Liam feeling like he's right on the edge of something big.
Liam's hand is still cupping Theo's jaw and he twitches when he realizes. The movement causes a chain reaction: Theo's walls come up visibly and he shoves Liam's hand away, and Liam forgets what he was about to realize.
"Fine. What do you need me to do."
Theo's voice is hard and the doesn't meet Liam's eyes.
Liam searches for that glimpse of understanding he felt a moment ago, but it's gone, just like the warmth of Theo's hands.
"I don't know Theo! What do boyfriends do?" Liam says, exasperated.
Theo slumps back and tilts his head up to the sky.
"Everything that boyfriends and girlfriends do."
Liam exhales through his teeth.
"Are we going to hold hands? Kiss?"
Theo doesn't look at him, even when Liam stares straight at him.
"We'll be sleeping in the same bed. Mom will ask questions about everything."
Theo turns farther away.
"We can't be like this!" Liam finally explodes, his eyes going molten gold.
"I trust you with this, but you obviously don't trust me!"
Theo growls and whips around to glare at Liam with fanged teeth bared.
"I have sacrificed so much for you Dunbar. I fought with you and nearly died for you and you want to talk about me not trusting you? Bullshit. I'm just not stupid enough to think that we'll come out of this the same."
Liam stands up and strides about three steps away before turning around and getting right up in Theo's face.
"We're in this together you selfish dick. We're going to talk about this and then everything will be fine. There will be no mistakes and after we can just forget about it." He hisses.
"You're being dense and stupid right now." Theo growls back, standing up so that now he's taller than Liam and the younger boy has to look up to meet his eyes.
Liam can feel the anger boiling hot in his stomach but there's something else there too. Theo's eyes glint and he sneers harder when Liam doesn't respond.
Liam fists a hand in Theo's jacket and yanks him down.
"This will work once you stop being a dick and work with me."
Theo's eyes flick around Liam's face and seem to linger on his lips, but Liam brushes it off and pushes the taller boy away.
"I need to cool down. We aren't going to get anything done like this."
Theo looks dazed but he nods slowly in agreement.
"I'll text you again." Liam says before sticking his hands in his pockets and forcing himself to walk away.
——-