CHAPTER THIRTEEN: ALL THE LOVE

You had done the right thing, or so you had been painfully telling yourself for the past two weeks. It didn't matter that you were now single and that Shawn had stood with his face inching closer to yours with that sparkle in his eyes that made you weak to the knees. No matter how much you ached to throw your rational thoughts out the window, you knew it wasn't right.

You were thankful that Shawn had sheepishly departed and agreed to stay in as you carefully placed the ice pack to his growing bruises. He had the most boyish grin on his face as he laid on his bed with your cold fingertips pressing on his gruesome bruises - That day had been eventful for Shawn, not only did he get on a physical fight for the first time in his life, but for the first time in a while, he had hopes that you liked him as much as he liked you - Maybe the twinkle in your eyes had given it away.

Regardless, he had promised himself he would take things slow - But to be completely honest, hadn't things been slow enough? Yet, this time he was making sure to be less subtle about his feelings toward you - Thus meaning he would awkwardly throw a compliment or two your way, with a coy smile as he scractched the back of his neck. He wasn't so good at the whole flirting thing, but you found that even more adorable.

Two weeks of avoiding Tom as much as you could, though it was almost impossible given the fact that he was in all of your classes and in all of them he would look at you with quivering lips and sorrow on his eyes. He was in a wrong place, dark shadows underneath his eyes, his nose slightly crooked with a shade of faint red and purple - Shawn's fist had done a lot of damage, and your heart would churn at the sight.

Tom couldn't fight the urge of wanting to talk to you, aching for your touch - Yearning to kiss your lips like he once had done, he missed you with every beating of his heart. He really wouldn't be able to forgive himself for destroying the best thing he ever had.

And now, the sight of Shawn walking you to your classes (Like he had done since the day you came back) was enough to make the stinging pain in his heart pulse, he clenches his jaw - Watching from afar as he walked beside Haz. Haz, too, had done his fair share of scolding at Tom - But like any other best friend, he had comforted him as well. He knew he loved you like he had never loved a girl before, but he also knew that the chances of you forgiving him were slight to none.

"This is your last class of today, right?." Shawn asks softly, gripping on the handle of his guitarcase as you nod slowly. "Alright, I've got my last class too - Maybe after this we can go grab coffee?." He smiles shyly and you chuckle lightly, staring up at him as your hand reaches for the metal handle of the doors.

"Like you even have to ask at this point, Shawn." You reply jokingly and he rolls his eyes playfully, showing you his pearly white teeth in all their glory. "I'll see you later."