CHAPTER SIX: APOLOGIES

You shiver slightly as the top of your nose flushes bright air thanks to the bone chilling cold of Boston. The fact that you had been waiting for almost ten minutes wasn't helping, you scold yourself for leaving your dorm so quickly and not bothering to take your warm gloves with you — You could barely feel tips of your fingertips.

You lay your back against the trunk of the tree, sighing as a cloud of steam leaves your lips. And then the sound of quick footsteps shakes you out of your trance, heart beating faster as the sound gets louder and closer.

Tom's face is flushed and his lips part - with every pant clouds of steam appear, he looks at you and he is left stunned. It had been a while since he last saw you looking at him.

You bite your inner cheek – Trying to figure out a way to say hello without any awkwardness, though that was hardly possible.

"Hey." Tom pants, he looked messy. You can see the jogging pants underneath the black long coat, converse shoes on and his hair – Usually smoothed down, was now a messy tuft of brown hair. He had dressed up in a rush.

"I came here as soon as I saw your text." He admits, trying to smile – Approaching slowly in front of you, hoping that you won't flinch away.

"I uh...I found your note." You stammer, taking out the piece of paper from the pocket of your coat. He chuckles softly.

"It only took you about three weeks to find it." He jokes lightheartedly and you click your tongue.

"There were some...complications." You gulp down, your mind going to the one place you weren't too keen to thing about right now: Shawn.

Tom hums softly, rocking on his feet back and forth slowly.

"What did you want to tell me?." You push, eyes locking with his soft brown ones – His eyes showed nothing but pure charm.

"That I'm so sorry." He states, bitting his bottom lip, feeling all the emotions he had tried to hide for the past month. "I'm an asshole, I know that — I shouldn't- I shouldn't have said the stuff I said." He stammers as you look at him intently.

"I regretted what I said as soon as it came out of my mouth - I told every single one of my friends and people in class that I had lied, that we didn't do anything..." He trails off, looking at the ground and the fallen rotten leaves on it. "They mocked me for a while but it was nothing compared to the thought of you hating me. There is no excuse for what I did, I know that-." He swallows hard, looking up to you – Eyes filled with pure regret as his heart ached. "I just hope you can forgive me, (y/n). There's no one in this bloody school that knows me better than you, nobody that I can trust but you." He croaks and you have to look down at the ground, because you can't bare to look at him in the eyes.

"I know I fucked up, I fucked up so bad." He repeats angrily at himself, almost growling. "You have no idea how much I've been beaten myself over this past few weeks, and I deserve it – I deserve it if you don't want to talk to me ever again, if you want to tell the whole school how much of a bloody idiot I am, I won't blame you (y/n)."

You lick your lips, suddenly the cold isn't the only thing that makes you shiver. Your mind races with thoughts. And Tom feels as if he had more things to say, more things he needed to say.

So he does.

"Listen (y/n)..." He takes a step closer. "I don't know why I tried to keep this god awful image of being a popular kid or whatever I was even trying to do." You look up to him, realizing the closeness of his face. "I was dumb and immature, and the things I said hurt you – Honestly I don't know if I am ever going to forgive myself for doing what I did to you. But whatever you decide to do, I need you to know something."