CHAPTER ONE: THE ROOMATE

It was havoc, all around campus newcomers were running around with a confused look on their faces - she could tell they were new comers just by the way their hands fiddled with the strap of their backpack. Fresh out of high school no doubt.

She was no different, eyes focused on the paper sheet in front of her — her dorm room information, the one given to her by the college's administration, was now slightly crumpled up. No doubt she was confused and nervous, and that wasn't a good combination on your moving day.

"Honey are you sure you know where you're going?." Her mother asks, holding some boxes on her hands. (y/n) sighs in frustration.

"I think so? It says it's the art major building, second floor near the school's football field." Her eyes searching for the building, her figure moves forwards with her mother trailing right behind her. The air is light with expectation and freedom, and slight sadness from the parents dropping off their kids into this new independent life.

After a few more minutes of walking around confused and asking for directions to a couple of seniors, she arrives to the dorms — specifically to her dorm room. The hallways were crowded with Freshmans, bidding their farewells to their partners and saying their hello's to their roommates.

"There are more boxes on the car, i'll leave this here and bring them." Her mother comments, patting her back and she nods lightly as she reaches for the doorknob.

The door opens suddenly, startling her as a figure appears in front of her. "Oh." She mumbles, raising her gaze to the tall man standing in front of her.

He was just as shocked, his topaz eyes wide as his chocolate curls fall down his forehead messily.

"I thought this was my dorm-." She starts, she didn't recall the secretary telling her that her roommate was going to be a guy.

The guy scratches the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly. He was almost as tall as the doorframe, wearing a grey sweatshirt and black skinny jeans — all rosy cheeks and pink lips. "I think it is – You are (y/n) (l/n), aren't you?." His voice is sweet and slightly deep, she nods slowly.

"Yeah but I thought I was going to be paired with a girl..." she trails off, her feet rocking back and forth awkwardly.

"Oh yes, but I think she decided to stay at her own place and not the dorm rooms — The office told me that they had an available room so I took it. Is that uncomfortable to you?." He asks softly, truly concerned at her reaction.

"Uh, no - I guess." She stammers, finally looking up at the guy and smiling. "I'm (y/n) but you already knew that." She greets, reaching for his hand to shake and he chuckles softly.

"I'm Shawn." He shakes her hand with his own, covering completely hers as he does. He smiles, showing his perfect pearly white teeth. "Oh maybe you should come in -." He realizes, moving aside as she kneels taking one of the boxes and walking inside.

The room was medium sized, two beds placed on either side of the walls with a window in between them. Light cream colored walls fill her vision – Shawn apparently had a taste for music, since his side of the room had posters of some guitars and music notes.

"So you are here to study music?." She asks slowly, walking to her side and placing the box on her bed — The room was still missing her personality.

"Yeah." He replies with a grin, staring at the wall. "Did the posters gave me away?." He jokes.

"They did and the guitar besides your bed did too." She says with a comfortable smile. "I'm here to study Drama." She comments and Shawn sends her a lopsided smile.