CHAPTER SIX: APOLOGIES

His voice is low, and you can see the hesitation in his eyes – His lips part but no words come out and you're left with an expectant look on your face.

"I like you." He breathes and your breath hitches on your throat, heart beating out of your ribcage as his eyes lock with yours. "I've liked you since you bloody told me to buzz off." He chuckles dryly and you bite your inner cheek hard. "I like everything about you, I like that you listen to me and the fact that you're the only one who truly knows me." He reaches over to touch your hand, and you let him, feeling the cold tips of his fingers graze over your own cold skin. For some reason the contact warms the surface rapidly.

"I like all of you." He mumbles, his eyes darting from your lips to your eyes so fast, trying to find anything on your face that resembles a permission to do what he was planning to do. "I would do anything to hold you, and to kiss you." He mumbles the last part, his voice filled with pure tenderness – Eyes aching with feeling.

You're mesmerized by the softness of his face, by his blank and sharp features staring at you as if you were the stars. Suddenly every time his thumb would graze the palm of your hand would make your heart skip a beat.

Your lips part as you look at him expectantly his face leaning in – Worried that you might push him away. But you don't.

His hot breath hovers over your face, tickling the tip of your nose as he breathes. You can see he is hesitant, even when you don't flinch or pull away, he is still hesitant about kissing you.

But then his lips make contact with yours ever so softly – Rolling over yours tenderly and slowly, his hand slides up to your cheek - Cupping it with his cold hands but the contact makes them warm, his thumb grazing over your soft skin. You shut your eyes at the aching feeling, his lips were too soft — Applying just the right amount of pressure.

He sighs into the kiss, taking you in – His heart was racing, pounding on his chest as the sound of the leaves grazing each other fills his ears. But it is you who fills his mind, you, you and you. And the fact that he is kissing you like he had daydreamed about for quite a while was enough to get him to cloud nine.

Then you pull away, his lips linger in yours as he remains with his eyes shut — Not wanting to go back to reality, he wanted to stay there.

"Tom..." You breathe, lightly swollen lips as you lock eyes with him. He can't help but grin cheekily, he doesn't feel cold anymore, he just feels you.

Shawn's leg bounces up and down nervously, tapping his fingers on his thigh. He bites his inner cheek nervously. Everything about him is nervous.

He had messed things up, clearly, and he knew it had been selfish — Truth be told he had never been selfish until then, until he made the deliberate decision to keep that hidden from you. Part of him felt guilty, but the other had felt good - pleased at the fact that Tom was out of the picture. Not for long.

Scented candles lit up in essential parts of the room — Hot coffee on the bedside table, your favorite coffee from your favorite coffee shop. The place Shawn and you had grown to become close. Shawn had everything planned out, everything but your reaction.

He had this whole speech thought through, how he was going to apologize pleadingly and profusely and if you were to forgive him — Perhaps he would confess all the feelings he had for you. The simple thought makes his heart race.

The door creaks as it opens, the sound of your keys jingling as you walk inside. The moment you turn around is the moment you become slack-jawed, eyes sparkling at the lit up candles and Shawn sitting on his bed. He shoots off his bed, rubbing his sweaty hands on his black skinny jeans – His chocolate curls messily falling all over the place.

Totally Platonic - S.M & T.H जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें