twenty eight

**Dream**

Silence met my ears as I cowered in the corner of the walls. The tears that slowly trickled from my eyes stinging the wounds of my cheeks. I could hear people calling for me, but all I could do was sit there. I was afraid to talk, fearing that the cuts in my cheeks would get worse if I tried.

Blood coated everything around me. My hands stained from the old blood and new ones, red staining the top of shirt and dripped onto my skirt and shoes. The wall itself also had some blood on it from whenever I would turn my head to try and wipe my eyes on my shoulder. Even the ground has drops of bright red liquid.

"Kaede!" A loud, familiar voice rang through my ears.

With wide, scared eyes, I quickly ducked my head seeing the black haired girl that had attacked me skip around the corner. She stopped dead in her tracks as she looked at me, at first a smirk on her lips before she let out a blood curling scream.

She forced herself to cry out as she ran towards me, wrapping me in her arms as adults and some students rushed to us.

Loud gasps were audible from the teachers as their eyes landed on my face. "Oh my lord, Kaede!" One screamed in panic

"What happened?!" Another yelled.

"Call the ambulance!"

"Get her parents on the phone immediately!"

Their desperate cries drowned out my pitiful sobs as a male teacher began to clean my cheeks up, so he could see just how bad the damage was.

I looked over his shoulder towards Sachiko, her eyes narrowed angrily yet a twisted smirk on her lips. I would live like this for the rest of my life, and she knew it.

Sobs racked my body as I closed my eyes tightly.

**End**

My eyes shot open and I gasped slightly as I clutched at my chest, hoping to ease the tightness in my chest.

I quickly stumbled out of my bed and down the hall, squeezing my eyes closed as I leaned against the wall. I hadn't had an episode in a long time, and I had begun to think that I was recovering.

The door in front of me opened and Masaru stood there, rubbing the sleep from his perfect eyes. His ears were folded back against his head as he looked at me, confusion clouding his features.

"Kaede," Masaru muttered quietly, "What's wrong?"

I looked at him, not being able to form any words. Slowly, the puzzles clicked together in his head and he sighed softly, understanding what was happening.

"Go sit down," He mumbled, "I'll go brew some tea for you," He whispered.

I quickly nodded my head, and instead of immediately going to my original destination, I turned and walked into the room. I grabbed my phone from off the charger and walked to the living room.

I quickly unlocked my phone and searched for Hitoshi's contact.

~~Texts~~

From: Me
To: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
Message at 3:58AM: Babe

From: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
To: Me
Message at 4:01AM: Yes?

From: Me
To: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
Message: What are you doing awake? 😕

From: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
To: Me
Message: Couldn't sleep. Why are you awake?

From: Me
To: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
Message: Reasons.

From: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
To: Me
Message: It happened again, didn't it?

From: Me
To: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
Message: ....maybe..

From: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
To: Me
Message: Give me fifteen minutes.

From: Me
To: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
Message: Wha?! No- Hitoshi don't come over. I just wanna talk!

From: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
To: Me
Message: Too late, I'm already outside.

From: Me
To: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
Message: Babe. Seriously? Ugh, hurry up then. Otherwise I won't be able to let you in.

From: ❤Hitoshi Shinso❤
To: Me
Message: I'll see you then.

~~End Of Texts~~

Not even ten minutes had passed when I had heard the knocking on the door. I was still feeling that tightness in my chest and I was starting to get emotional about it. I had finished off the tea, which didn't do shit.

I quickly got up and rushed to the door, quickly pulling it open. In front of me stood Hitoshi, slightly out of breath and very tired. His eyes widened seeing my current state and he frowned wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close into his chest.

I hugged him back as Hitoshi moved forward, forcing me to stand on his feet while he moved and closed the door. Hitoshi carefully moved to the couch, sitting down and pulling me into his lap.

I moved to where I was sitting in his lap, my legs and arms wrapped around him while I buried my face into his shoulder. His arms held me close to his body, rubbing soothing circles into my back.

"What happened, baby?" He whispered, running a hand through my hair.

I simply shook my head, signalling I didn't want to talk about it. Hitoshi frowned slightly and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead while whispering sweet nothings in my ears.

His calming voice and his soothing hands caressing my head and back combined made me sleep. I was trying to fight it, but once Hitoshi moved to where we were laying down, I lost the fight.

I drifted off into a light slumber, feeling Hitoshi grab the blanket from the back of the couch and covered us with it.

No matter what people say about Hitoshi, I knew the real him. He never talked during school, but when we were together he seemed like a social butterfly. People say he could become an amazing villain, but to me he will always be a hero. Even if he choses the wrong path, he'll be the hero that will chase away the memories and create better ones. He will always be my hero.