three

I sat next to Hitoshi on the ground, waiting for school to start. We were looking at all the random students scattered everywhere.

"You think these people will be nice, Hitoshi?" I asked, glancing up at him.

The purple haired male shrugged his shoulders and spoke, "Maybe to you, Hikawa," He replied, "I'm not highly thought of," He finished.

I let out a scoff, "Bullshit, you've got friends," I replied smiling.

Hitoshi shrugged, "Yeah, you," He glanced at me with a serious look.

"Stop being stubborn!" I whined out, "Smile," I pushed his cheeks to make him smile until he did so himself, but he lowered his head.

"You're a dork, Hikawa," He chuckled quietly.

"Holy shit," A new voice interupted us and I looked up.

Immediately, my blood ran cold and my heart slammed to a stop. All colour in my face drained completely as I looked at the all to familiar female standing a few ways away. Her black hair went down to her kneecaps, and her eyes still held that cruel glimmer in them. Most of all, she still had the same menacing smirk on her lips as she looked at me. It was Sachiko Shiroshima.

My heart started slamming against my chest as she walked forward and my limbs began shaking. Hitoshi had no idea she had done this to me, but he knew how I got the scars.

"Its been so long," Her voice was like ice as she looked at me. Her smirk grew even wider as she saw the scars on my cheeks, "And you've still got them,"

I glanced at Hitoshi, seeing the wheels turning in his head before he made the realization. He sat up straighter and looked at her coldly, "Go," He spoke plainly.

Sachiko immediately turned to look at him, her eyes scanning him up and down before she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Sachiko? What's going on?" A small girl walked over, a curious glimmer in her teal eyes.

"Oh, nothing, Tomiko, just catching up with an old friend," She smiled brightly before grabbing said Tomiko by the wrist and pulling her off.

I continued staring straight ahead of me, paralyzed in fear as my scarred cheeks began to tingle.

"Kaede?" Hitoshi stepped in front of me. I snapped out of my trance and looked at him silently, "Was that.." He trailed off, casting a quick glance towards my cheeks.

I nodded my head in response, "Y-Yea," I whispered quietly, looking down at my feet.

I let out a gasp whenever Hitoshi grabbed my hips, picking me up and placing me on the ground. His lavender eyes stayed on me for a moment and spoke quietly, "You'll be alright, okay?" He looked at me.

I nodded my head and put on a smile, "Okay, I got this! I can last the day!" I beamed at him, "Now, since classes are about to start, we should part ways," I grinned.

"See you at lunch?" He asked, looking at me.

I nodded my head, "Yup! And you can introduce me to the friends you make!" I smiled.

He clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, whatever you say, Hikawa. Go to your class so you won't be late," He looked at me.

I smiled and nodded my head before running off, leaving him behind. It took some time, but I finally found the class room. Once I was in there, I immediately looked around trying to find Sachiko, and much to my relief she wasn't in the room.

"Well that wasn't the kind of greeting I wanted," A sarcastic voice from behind me spoke, I whipped around to see the girl from earlier.

Tomiko. She was a really pretty girl. She had sharp eyes and a round nose. Thick lips. And brown hair with lighter tips that reached down to her breast.

"S-Sorry, I didn't realize anyone was behind me," I apologized and stepped out of the way.

She smiled, "It's alright. I'm Miyamoto Tomiko," She informed, walking towards an empty desk in the back.

I followed close behind and spoke, "Hikawa Kaede," I informed.

Her eyes snapped over to me, shock and panic glimmer deep within them. "Oh my! You're the girl- my sister-" She stammered.

I nodded my head, "Yeah," I replied, "I'm the girl your sister attacked," I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

"I'm so sorry about that," Tomiko informed, her eyes showing genuine sympathy, "But if I'm gonna be honest, I for one, think match your personality. It just shows a childish nature if you colour them black," She grinned at me.

My cheeks reddened and I smiled slightly, "Really? Usually I'm described as the monster underneath a child's bed," I joked.

She giggled, "Yeah, I mean, you can hardly see them anyways," She informed.

~~

We were on the P.E. grounds now. I was standing next to Tomiko, my hands shoved deep into the pockets of my gym outfit. I had tbe jacket full unzipped but my tank top remained tucked into my pants. I felt quiet comfortable in this clothes.

"You look comfortable," Tomiko teased, looking at me.

I chuckled and nodded, "Its cause I am," I replied with a grin.

Tomiko chuckled and shook her head. We both turned our attention onto Aizawa, who explained The Quirk Apprehension Test. It seemed easy enough.

The first one up was the 50 Meter Dash. I knew I would ace this one, seeing as I was the Track Leader in my old school. It was one of my abilities; Enhanced Speed. After a few people had gone, and a bunch of giggling with Tomiko about the kid with the naval laser, it was finally our turn to go.

"Good luck, Miyamoto," I informed, casting a glance over at her with a chuckle as I crouched down.

"You too, Hikawa," She responded.

"Go!"

We both took off. At first we were both at the same pace, until I forced myself to speed up. The wind pushed my hair back as I ran fast. I passed the robot soon after.

"4.2 Seconds!" It called.

"7.3 Seconds!"

A few people I didn't know stared at me as I turned around to look at Tomiko with a bright smile on my lips. "You did great, Miyamoto!" I informed proudly.

Tomiko was doubled over, breathing heavily and she waved away my compliment, "Don't be so modest, Hikawa," She breathed out.

I smiled brightly at her before I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Tenya walking over. I smiled at him, as he approached.

"You're a great runner," He complimented.

I blinked at him for a few seconds before smiling brightly, "Thank you, but you can certainly run better then me with those engines of yours!" I responded happily.

His cheeks reddened at the compliment, "Thank you, Ms Hikawa," He then left.

Tomiko appeared beside me and chuckled quietly, "It appears that he either likes you, or wants to be friends," She informed.

"Shut up," I blushed before walking with the class to do the Grip Test.

"Oh, there's already a man you hold dear to your heart," Tomiko sarcastically batted her eyelids and cupped her hands over her chest.

My cheeks turned a deeper shade of red and I quickly shook my head, "N-No!" I squeaked out as we entered the building.

"Then who was that guy you were hanging out with?" She teased me.

If my cheeks could go any more redder then what they already were, they would. "H-He's just a-a friend," I defended nervously.

"Your face says otherwise," She smiled at me.

As the tests carried on, I found myself distracted. What if Tomiko was right? What if I actually had a thing for Hitoshi? No. That's crazy. He's my best friend and that's that.

But...he was kinda cute. Stoic, straightforward, and quiet, but nonetheless, cute.