One

*Dream*

"N-No!" A girl with black hair and equally black eyes held the knife unnervingly close to my face, "S-Sachiko! Please! S-Stop!" I cried out, tears shooting down my face as I tried getting away.

She harshly grabbed my left ear, making me yelp out in pain, "Shut up, kitty!" She spat, pressing the cold sharp blade into my cheek rather deeply. I tried to scream, but a hand cover my mouth. "You need some whiskers, cat," She grinned sadisticaly down at me, a dark look on her eyes as she dragged the blade across my cheek a total of three time.

Tears fell from my face, getting into the wounds which caused more pain. Sachiko looked down at me, something unreadable in her eyes as she turned my head, revealing the other cheek to her.

"Its gonna be a-okay, kitty, I promise," She smiled as she pressed the knife into the clean skin, agonizingly dragging it across my cheek. My screams were muffled and I cried in pain.

I tried biting the hand but failed to do so. I sobbed as she repeated the process two more times. It hurt. A lot. My cheeks stung as blood dripped down from them, covering my ears and hair in blood.

Sachiko and her gang soon ran off, and I just laid there, crying in pain and covering my face in my hands. A stinging sensation gathered on my cheeks and I pulled my hands away from my face, seeing the blood coating my palms I cried harder.

*END*

"Kaede! Kaede wake up!" My older brother, Masaru, hovered over me, looking at me worriedly. "You did it again," He muttered.

I glanced around the room to see that my three other sister, Natsumi, Junko, and Rei were staring at me, each showing different emotions. I looked back to Masaru, "I-I'm sorry," I whispered quietly.

He sighed and stood up, pulling me up with him, "C'mon, you need some tea," He murmured quietly.

I nodded my head and followed him out the door, my ginger and white tail drooping downwards as we walked. The cat genetics carried to every other child in our family. My oldest brother, Shin'ichi had the cat genetics. Masaru did to and his cat form looked better than anyone in the current generation. It was a beautiful blend of black, ginger, and white. Junko also held the cat quirk, her fur being a plain ginger.

I sat at the table, looking at the wood as Masaru walked into the kitchen, and began to brew some tea. He walked back and sat across from me, looking at me. "You scared them, you know," He informed, referring to my sisters.

I slowly nodded my head, looking towards the clock on the wall. 3:43 AM. I sighed quietly and looked towards him, before I spoke he began, "Have you been going to your sessions with Dr. Takahashi?" He asked seriously.

My heart skipped a beat as I looked at him. As a matter of fact, I stopped a month ago, seeing as it was sucking the money out of my family. I didn't tell anyone though. I swallowed nervously and slowly shook my head, my ears flattening against my head, "N-No sir," I whispered quietly.

Masaru looked at me, a deep sigh leaving his lips as he ran a hand through his hair. He returned his blue gaze to me, "Kaede, you know how important those sessions are," He started getting angry.

"I haven't had an episode in days, Masaru. I'm getting better! I swear!" I defended myself, "All I needed was time and patience,"

Masaru scoffed and spoke, "Time? This happened a little over six years ago!" He snapped. I flinched at the sharpness of his tone and I heard him sigh, "At least tell me you've been taking your medicines," He murmured.

I nodded my head. That part was true. The medicine is what helped keep me calm. Soon a cup of tea was placed at my hands, "Drink this and then go back to bed. You've got school tomorrow and you don't want to be late," He informed quietly before turning around and speaking, "I'm going to bed now," He murmured before disappearing down the hall.

Once I heard his door clicking close, I got up with the tea in hand and walked into the kitchen, pouring the liquid down the drain. I walked back into my room and grabbed my phone and charger, before I could retreat I heard a quiet voice speak.

"Ka-Ka," It was Junko, "Are...are you okay?" She asked quietly. Her bright green eyes landing on me as she looked at me.

I put on a bright smile and turned to look at my sister, "Of course I am! I just had a bad dream," I informed.

Her eyes were uncertain as she looked at me, she nonetheless, smiled back at me before falling asleep. I turned and walked out the door quickly and into the living room, where I plopped down onto the couch. I leaned over and plugged the charger in, then plugging up ny phone.

I pulled up my SMS messaging app seeing my best friends contact as the first one.

~~~Texts~~

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: Hey

From: Hitoshi Shinso

To: Me
Message: You're supposed to be sleeping, Hikawa

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: I know, I know. But I need a friend 😕

From: Hitoshi Shinso
To: Me
Message: Bad dream?

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: Yea, again.

From: Hitoshi Shinso
To: Me
Message: You should see a doctor about these nightmares, Hikawa, they're unhealthy for you.

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: I have seen a doctor. I use to go to therapy for this bullshit. I still take medicine. Nothing is working. Besides, you have no room to talk Purple Man, you hardly sleep.

From: Hitoshi Shinso
To: Me
Message: Don't get smart with me, brat.
Nonetheless, Hikawa, start going back to that therapy session. We both know it would help you.

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: I would if it didn't suck whatever money we have out of this family.
As for now, I can just deal with talking to you.

From: Hitoshi Shinso
To: Me
Message: You've got a job, pay for yourself, Hikawa.

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: I would if I kept my money. All of it goes to my dad's bank account. Let's change the topic, please?

From: Hitoshi Shinso
To: Me
Message: Fine. Do you want me to come over in the morning so we can walk to school together?

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: Yes please! ^~^ We haven't walked together in a long time. Are we still down for Wednesday and Friday?

From: Hitoshi Shinso
To: Me
Message: Yea. But Kaede, its almost five. Get some sleep so you won't be so cranky tomorrow.

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: Fine. -_-

From: Hitoshi Shinso
To: Me
Message: Goodnight.

To: Hitoshi Shinso
From: Me
Message: Goodnight. See you later. ✌

~~~End~~~

A quiet sigh left my lips as I slid down the couch, laying down on it with a small yawn. After a while of laying there, I slowly fell asleep.