ten

"Kaede!" Hitoshi's voice rang in my ears as I shot awake, tears streaming down my cheeks. I gasped for air and seconds later the door slammed open.

"Shit," Masaru's voice seemed to echo in my ears. He knelt down in front of me and I simply moved away from him, moving towards Hitoshi. Masaru glanced at Hitoshi before speaking, "Kaede, look at me,"

I couldn't. I wouldn't. I couldn't do much of anything actually. My cheeks were still burning from the dream and it, for the first time in a long time, was causing me a lot of pain. The last time this had happened was when I was younger.

My chest hurt and I flinched as Masaru pressed a hand against my shoulder. By now I knew that a crowd had gathered in here. That made everything worse. I buried my face deep into Hitoshi's shirtless chest, my tears soaking his skin as I shook.

"Guys! Get out!" Masaru snapped, turning around.

"Is she okay, Ru?" Natsumi's voice entered my ears. She sounded very scared.

Silence was met with her words before a small sigh was released, "I don't know," Masaru admitted.

I wasn't. My face burned with the tears and the lingering sensation of the knife plunging deep into my cheeks. I couldn't breath, and I felt absolutely miserable. My sobs eventually died down to nothing but tears trailing from my eyes.

"Alright, guys, go back to bed," Masaru mumbled standing up.

I could hear footsteps retreating but my father spoke up, "Hitoshi," He began, "I'm glad you're here right now. By now she'd probably end up in a hospital. The attacks...they can get worse than this," With that, I heard the light flick off and the door close.

Dad wasn't lying. I had been in the hospital two times because I was either in so much muscle pain, or I couldn't breath because of the anxiety.

I sniffled quiet as Hitoshi scooted us back and leaned over to turn on the lamp. Due to my head being on his chest, I could hear his heart pounding roughly against his chest. I eventually wiped my eyes and nose, which surprisingly wasn't running. I used the dryer side of my sleeve to wipe the wet spot of his chest. Hitoshi grabbed my hand quickly and spoke, "Kaede?"

"W-what?" I mumbled, finally opening my eyes to look at him. He looked scared and worried as he dropped my hand and brushed the hair behind my ear. I let out a small hiccup.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked quietly.

"My cheeks," I whispered, "Th-they hurt s-s-so much," My voice started to break once more and I sniffed.

Hitoshi pressed a kiss to the top of my head and used his free hand to run his fingers through my hair, "I'm sorry," He whispered quietly.

After a moment, I decided to make a joke, "Y-You think th-they saw?" I questioned, moving around in order to reveal the dark bruise on my shoulder.

Hitoshi released a quiet sigh before speaking, "No," He mumbled.

I could tell he was still shaken up, "What happened?" I whispered, glancing up at him.

Hitoshi pulled me closer to him as he spoke, "Well, I woke up on my own to start with. Laid for a good ten minutes before you started doing that weird little laugh of yours whenever you know you screwed up," He paused, "It was odd at first and then you went dead silent, it started with you kind of thrashing around and then the crying started," His eyes looked into mine as he spoke, "I tried to wake you up, but then you started screaming. Masaru was the first one in here, and then you woke up,"

I tore my gaze away from him with a sigh, "I-I'm sorry if I scared you," I whispered out quietly.

Hitoshi only pressed his lips onto my head before speaking, "Kaede, do...do you have Post Trauma-"

"Yes," I interrupted quickly, "I take medicine for it, but I took my last one yesterday," I mumbled.

I suddenly felt Hitoshi push my ears up, "I don't like to see my baby girl sad," He suddenly stated, my cheeks reddened at the title. A tiny smile fromed on my lips and I glanced over at him as he looked at me, "There's only gotta be one person in this relationship who can be moody," He joked.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever," I mumbled.

He chuckled quietly. After it settled he looked at me, "Babe, when you text me at four in the morning, is that because of..uhm, you know," He asked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, sorry. I didn't know how else to pester mainly because everyone would be asleep," I responded.

After a good moment I scooted back down to lay down, a yawn leaving my lips as Hitoshi joined me. I rolled on top of him and spoke, "I'm gonna sleep on top of you,"

He smiled softly and nodded, "I don't have a choice in this, so be my guest,"

~~

I groaned as I opened my eyes, squinting against the light around the room. I noticed that I was no longer on Hitoshi and he wasn't here. I sat up slowly before noticing a folded piece of paper with Hitoshi's handwriting scrawled across it.

'Kaede, the only reason I'm not there is because of your father. I woke up notice you were feeling really warm. I told your dad and he confirmed that you were sick. I tried to get him to let me stay with you so you won't be alone, but he was being stubborn and wouldn't let me. So I left. I also made sure no one would see the hickey. I'll stop by after school to get my stuff.'

That's how the letter ended. Great. I frowned and crumpled the paper up before reaching over and grabbing my phone. I unplugged it and rolled over, pulling the covers over my body and turning it on. I saw a text from Tomiko.

~~~Texts~~~

From: Tomiko Miyamoto
To: Me
Message: Hey, where the hell are you?

From: Tomiko Miyamoto
To: Me
Message: Well, I asked Shinso where you were. Hope you feel better tomorrow. ^~^

From: Me
To: Tomiko Miyamoto
Message: I gotta talk to you as soon as I get better.

From: Tomiko Miyamoto
To: Me
Message: Shit. Okay. Good or bad?

From: Me
To: Tomiko Miyamoto
Message: I believe good.

From: Tomiko Miyamoto
To: Me
Message: Good. By the way, how are you? I saw you get pretty beat up after that villian attack last Wednesday.

From: Me
To: Tomiko Miyamoto
Message: I'm fine, it all nothing but bruises down. Besides, I'm glad I got saved in time! How are you?

From: Tomiko Miyamoto
To: Me
Message: True, true. I'm fine. I still have a massive bump on my head, but nonetheless, fine. Anyways, i gotta go. Mr Aizawa is about to catch m

~~~End~~~

She never finished her sentence so I figured that her phone had been snatched up. I chuckled and shook my head before sighing.