chapter 1:the day my life changed

Percy POV
Woke to the smell of pancakes. I shot out of my bed and ran down stairs to eat breakfast before getting ready for school. I got down stairs and saw my smiling mom that looked at me and said good morning sweetheart how is my big strong three year old little boy. I groaned then said MOM I not a little boy I a little man she giggled and walked over picked me up and said you will always be my little baby boy and kiss and I sighed indefeet she hugged me put me in a chair I stuffed up on blue pancakes and went up stairs got dressed and walked down to go to preschool. We left the house house and started to walk to school 20minutes later we were about to walk across the street we begin crossing a car came speeding up it didn't slow down it sped up actually. When it almost hit me my mom push me out of the way then I heard a gun I I fell to the ground my mom stood in front of me the car sped away my mom fell to the ground with bullet wounds all over blood everywhere her last words were to be the man I always told you I wanted you to be.I heard sirens pull up I sat there cry saying don't leave me Mommy The  ambulance came took my mom to the hospital and I went to the police station then the orphanage.