Chapter Three ~ Umbridge? Who's that?

Harry's sword
Harry's POV

The next morning I was woken up by Ron, who was actually up before me for once. We quickly got dressed and headed down to the Common Room.

Once we got there we went to where Ginny and Hermione were talking.

"Morning." I greeted as we approached them.

"Morning Harry, Ron." Ginny and Hermione responded in unison. Hermione pressed a kiss to Ron's cheek and grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together. I noticed how Ron blushed like mad. Ginny noticed too, because she started giggling.

Ron shot her a glare.

Once we made it to the Great Hall, we sat down at our usual table. Only this time, Luke and Will were sitting across us, but a two or three seats over.

Right beside them were Zac and Nico. Nico sat next to Will, while Zac day between Luke and Will. They were talking in hushed voices, but when we sat down they looked over. Luke smiled and waved. Hermione returned a smile and wave.

When they started talking again, we all looked at her.

"We don't know a lot about them. I'm just trying to make them feel welcome no matter how suspicious they might act." she defended. "The War is over, we need to be accepting of others."

"I guess you're right Hermione, but I'm still kinda suspicious. We'll try to let our suspicions get the better of us." Ginny smiled, though it seemed a little strained.

"Well, I think that's good enough. We should head to class now. We have DADA first. I wonder how Professor Prince will teach us." Hermione stated.

"Right. I hope he's not like lockheart or something." Ron muttered.

Hermione rolled her eyes, but nodded.

We then headed to the DADA classroom, except for Ginny, as she had classes with the other seventh years. We meet up with Neville on the way there.

When we arrived at the class I was surprised to see the exchange students already there, along with Malfoy and the other Slytherin.

One big thing I noticed about the classroom, was there were no desks in sight. We all stood facing the front of the room, looking confused and muttering to our friends.

"What's going on?" Ron asked.

"I dunno mate, but I don't really like it." Neville responded. I nodded in agreement. This didn't seem like any other DADA class we've had.

Suddenly Professor Sigma appeared. Almost like he came out of thin air. He turned to face us and we suddenly all become quiet.

"Put your wands away. You won't be needing them." He announced. The entire class groaned.

Not another Umbridge. I thought.

"Not another Umbridge." Ron groaned, voicing my exact thoughts.

"Who's that?" Zac asked, I almost jumped at his voice, he was standing pretty close to us, but I hadn't noticed until he spoke up.

Nobody spoke up for a bit, then Hermione rolled her eyes and gave them a brief explanation about Umbridge.

"Aren't Blood quills illegal?" Luke asked.

"Yes, but she was able to use them, since she was being backed by the Minister at the time." Hermione answered.

"Who else did she use them on?" Professor Sigma asked.

I looked around. Slowly someone put their hand up. Then someone else. Soon there were about ten or eleven people with their hand up.