Chapter One Arc 0.1

Chapter 1

       Josiah was the villain. 

An antagonist that was meant to oppose the hero and his friends. 

Most of the other characters of this story could not be within a distance of this male since his haughty manners while he treated everyone around him like lower class, his way of talking was like a robot and seemed to be envious of others, or how he was always alone without anyone to play with during recess.  

It kept most of his peers from trying to interact or even play with him, neither willing to go out of their way to include the boy. By those years in elementary passed quickly as he's had been busy studying and reading. For Josiah, it didn't pass fast enough as he was alone. 

The first day of his middle school life had been quite unpleasant for the brown-haired male, he woke up late and is in a total rush to get dressed. A quick and fast but in a cleaning manner before he pulled on his clothes.

Making it on time was something that he isn't good at since he's been young. If anything it's a bigger chore than anything else. His parents could force on him being the oldest of his parents kin. He's taken responsibility for looking after his younger and adoptive brother Quinn. Quinn's a small and fragile boy, who stood a foot under Josiah's height. Being a year younger than the male had been quite a challenge. Even to those around the young male didn't believe that he was adopted by Josiah's family. There had been no announcement or anything. Not that there is a need for one. Just noisy and gossiping neighbors getting into someone else business.   

Though the male didn't like having to look after someone else. Or even, felt like including the male in his trips to the local library. It didn't mean the brown haired male neglected his job to take care of the younger, he just liked doing it in the shadows. He never liked showing his softer side to those around him.

He believed that doing so, lead to a lifetime of defeat. Which could be the reason that the male hadn't bothered to try and befriend his younger sibling. He chose to help and lead his brother to make the most out of this life. You only lived once.  The phrase was coined from his past life. It's something that he recalled but couldn't tell where he heard it from.  And at that moment, he decides it didn't matter where he heard it from.  

He just needs to find a way to live by that phrase. For Josiah, didn't want to be the villain of this story. He wanted to be able to live a long and joyful life that could lead him to find ways to save those who would be sacrificed by a selfish being.

A malicious person that held no concern for those around them but only wanted to live a greedy but undeserving life filled with expectations and rewards. The brown haired male would try and succeed in saving his loved one from harm. But saving those souls from harm could send some of those who weren't meant to die to the front line. Did he care? Honestly? No. Those souls were selfishly living their lives in a carefree manner that only few could dream of. 

To him, they weren't meant to be killed. But we're going to be. He would send his prayers for their souls and a wave of sadness, he felt for them. Other than that, the male connection to them was more or less, an acquaintance.

He didn't no know nothing about their background or how they lived their lives. He did know that they would probably be rewarded by the gods that hide among the clouds. He found that it didn't manner as he and Quinn made their way out the doorway in a hurry. Just that he's happy that he didn't lose his loved ones. 

That is something he could not bear to win stand as he shuffled out of his front door, pulling on his shoes with a piece of toast having from his mouth covered with a thin layer of grape jam. In tow behind him is Quinn wearing an identical looking uniform except the pants were beige with the long sleeve shirt tucked in covered by the thin school jacket.  Josiah was wearing black trousers with a white long-sleeved shirt with no jacket and a loose tie around his neck.

Both of the males made their way down the porch, closing the door and heading towards the small fence surrounding their yard.
The older of the two, schooling his expressions just as he munched on the food. In between bites of the warm toast and keeping an eye out for anyone wanting to cause trouble so early in the morning. He stops at the gate and quickly makes work of the lock. Letting the smaller male go through first then following behind him. Locking the gate from there both were making their way down the crosswalk to the stop sign around the corner.

They passed by their neighbor's children as neither seemed to notice how the girls would start to giggle and blush at the sight of Quinn. On contractor, they would side glance the brown haired male before deciding to the keep stealing glances at the younger male. Out of the two males walking in front of them.

Josiah wasn't someone that neither of the girls found to be attractive. Though he resembled his father in his youth. It is his personality that most girls couldn't handle for being stoic and quiet.

He should have been a shoe-in for girls to gain crushes on him. If it wasn't for his personality, he would have hordes of girls following him around during breaks. The cold and ruthless aura that changed the atmosphere around him and caused many to cower in fear of Josiah. Once, he opened his mouth combined with his heart-stopping glare that many had been on the receiving end. It was a result of a disastrous lashing of insults of intelligence and a venom-filled with wrath for the suspecting victim.

None had been able to recover from his tongue lashing as he grabbed his younger brother and dragged him along towards an unknown destination. His right hand gripping the wrinkling collar of Quinn's shirt as he made through the large crowd of people. Each person stopping and staring at the glaring male since neither had witnessed a scene like that before. A common occurrence that happened nearly every day of their lives.

Like their elementary days, of walking in silence except for seeing the busy and crowded city filled with lights, business, people, even noise. It's something the two are quite used to. They made their way through crosswalks and walked across the streets until making it onto the local middle property.

-