"I was born in northern Germany, near the Dutch border. Why do you ask?"

"Your accent is kind of similar to Charlotte's, but different than Kristi's."

"Most do not note the subtle difference in our accents," he said, admiring Sam's observation. "Charlotte is originally from Denmark, which is a Germanic people, and their language has the same roots, not to mention she has lived in Germany for long periods of her life. Kristiana is from Latvia. Although she has Swedish roots, her early life is that of Latvia, and her speech reflects the linguistic origins of the region."

"Can you explain this monarchy?" his mother asked.

"Please forgive me if I must say no. It is not that I wish to keep it a secret, more that we do not have the time required to not create more questions than I can reasonably answer." He gave her a slight incline of his head, as well as a little smile.

"There is another item I must address with you. You are personal guests of her Majesty, the Queen. You are American, and as such, are not accustomed to interacting with royalty. The two ladies you address by first name should never be addressed so when in public. Charlotte should be addressed as Majesty, and Kristiana as Highness. Also acceptable is My Lady, for either, and in this case may be preferred. That address may be frowned on by some, but it is accepted. Again, are there any questions for any of this?"

"How do we address you?" Sam asked.

"I am Artis, or use what you are comfortable with. I am a servant of the Queen, nothing more."

"I'm pretty sure kingdoms only run as smoothly as people like the chamberlain make them," his mom said. Artis again smiled at her, but said nothing more.

"We are here," he announced. The building they pulled up to was nice, really nice. As they were escorted inside, it only got nicer.

"For the dinner, you will be seated at her Majesty's table, as special guests. There will be other dignitaries as well, but do not allow them to intimidate you. They are regular people, outside of the position they may hold," he instructed them, as he led them into a very lavish dining room. Whereas most of the tables were round, he took them to a large rectangular table at the far end of the room, sitting on a slightly raised platform.

"As you see, there are name placards. You should have no trouble finding your place. Now, to the ballroom. You will be introduced as you enter. This is customary, and required."

As they went to the other side of the original entrance corridor, two attendants opened the large doors, exposing a huge room, lavishly decorated, and open. There were people milling about, with a center aisle open to a small platform at the far end, which had two gilded chairs.

"The lady, Amanda Genevieve Huff, and Samuel Asher Huff," the Sergeant at Arms announced, his voice carrying over the noise of the room.

"How do they know who we are?" Sam asked once they were inside.

"We know who everyone is that is here," Artis told them. Sam had expected Artis to leave, once they were inside, but he was still with them.

"Now that you have arrived, it will be only a moment before the house is announced."

"Why us?" his Mom asked.

"Because, you were required. No one else is." That didn't make sense to Sam, and looking at his mom, it didn't to her, either. Before either of them could ask, a trumpet peeled across the chamber.

"Her Majesty, the Queen of Latvia, the Baltic States, Finland and Ukraine, and the royal house," came the introduction. Artis then left their side, and joined the procession coming through the main door. He did it so smoothly, no one but them probably realized he had already been inside the room.