Extra Story 1.3 (end)

After few years has spent with his beloved empress, The Emperor's personality seem really improved a little. Seeing how Zhang Yuan Xi kept send suggestive glances toward his empress and how his empress' eyes unfocused in discomfort, the old self emperor would probably found the situation triggering his emotion. Without even putting about their relationship with Tang Jin kingdom into consideration, he would draw out his sword and killed this ungrateful foolish prince already. He didn't need to know what kind of relationship they had or what really happened between the two, but to find someone set their eyes on his empress and intended to do some ambigous acts toward his beloved, that's enough reason to settle everything with his sword. Eyes for eyes. Bloods for bloods.

However this time, despite his entire being currently swelled with anger and jealousy, the emperor struggled for a tiny string of control of his own emotions. Diminished every traces of rage from his facial expression,  he calmly stated, "Seeing how Tang Jin kingdom cares for my empress, I definitely can't let Lord Zhang going back without treating you for a lunch. Maybe we also can talk a little more about your country."

Zhang Yuan Xi for umpteenth times stealing glance toward the quiet empress, then he said, "Actually it wouldn't be necessary. Knowing the herbs can help the empress to regain her health, it's enough for us. That is something that at least we can do to repay Wang Dynasty's kindness for offering us alliance and friendship."

The emperor's lips curved up slightly. Too vague to be noticed but also couldn't be ignored if someone knew what kind of person the emperor really was.  Analyzing the situation based on Lord Zhang's words, it didn't seem the young prince knew Dayu's true identity yet.

"Not good. My empress is the most beloved person in my life, if I can't repay Tang Jin kingdom's generosity for my empress, even if it just one lunch, where should I put my face?" The emperor's palm naturally landed on the empress'waist, "Don't you think so,  Lord Feng?"

The empress startled. Ah, what the emperor asked just now? He must admit that just a moment ago his mind was scattered everywhere, how should he knew what question being asked to him?  However, still absentmindedly he said, "Ah, yes...  yes..."

"Then it means Lord Feng doesn't mind to accompany us too, does you?"

"Ah... " The empress mumbled quietly. Actually ever since he saw Zhang Yuan Xi's face here before, he had an urge to immediately bolted from this exact place. He really didn't want Lord Zhang found out that he was the empress. But things were so quickly escalated to be like this, it seemed that he couldn't run away anymore. Quietly he glanced toward the emperor and found a slight of mischievous expression on the mighty man's face. The empress shuddered, his husband was planning on something, he knew it. Hopelessly, he sighed a deep breathe.

"Lord Zhang, let's follow my lead. I believe the servants has prepared the lunch for us."

Now Zhang Yuan Xi didn't have a chance for refusal anymore. He bowed his head and followed the emperor's steps as being instructed.  However,  Lord Zhang couldn't help but frowned as he eyed the pair of men in front of him. Both the emperor and Lord Feng walked so close to each other. The emperor's arm circled lightly on Lord Feng's waist.  Lord Feng to shake off the intruding arm for few times,  but the emperor stubbornly put his arm to its original again and again, completely ignoring the presence of Zhang Yuan Xi behind them.

Zhang Yuan Xi's mind was being thrown in confuse state. What was relationship between the emperor and Lord Feng actually?

-

"Eat some more," The emperor told the beauty seated right beside him as he put a slice of meat in Dayu's plate,  "You seem lost some weight lately. Do you find something wrong with your appetite?"