Chapter 7 (Edited)

The Cries of Pain and Pleasure

Warning: mature content.

-

Growing up in bitterness made Dayu believed on something that never crossed in his mind before. That there wasn't such unflawed kindness in this world. People always do kindness in hoping for something in return.

Even a kind passerby in the empty street who took pity of a starving homeless kid also wished for something once they gave money or food to the homeless kid. They seemed to do that out of pure kindness, but still, deep in their heart, they were hoping for something as the payback. Although it wasn't the payback from the starving kid they hoped for, but they must still want to God and Goddess in heaven could recognize their kindness and gave them reward in their afterlife. It wasn't kind of usual payback most of the people used to consider, but it was still a payback none the less.

And most of the times... people only would give as much as they could get in return.

"The Hong Palace was originally the late empress dowager's residence, Your Highness. This is the biggest palace in forbidden land* before she passed away and this palace was left unoccupied ever since. We used to think that the emperor would give this palace to Lady Xian Shu; His Highness's Imperial Consort. But it seemed that we were wrong since the emperor gave her another palace instead. The Hong Palace was still left unoccupied. That made us thought if the emperor still hasn't chosen the occupant for this grand palace, then His Highness must be prepared this palace for his future empress." Ming Lei told him when they dressed him before. Her movement when she touched Dayu was careful as if he was precious porcelain that would crack if she touched it a little harder. Her words were polite and covered with underlying praises for Dayu.

The servants gained their advantage through their master. The higher the rank of the consort they served, the more they would be feared up by other servants. And seeing how the emperor gave The Hong Palace to Dayu and how they were being ordered to take care of him with their best, Ming Lei knew there was a bright future ahead if she could serve this man. If she wanted to have that bright future then of course she had to be on this man's good book.

Dayu didn't let any emotion shown off in his face when Ming Lei smothered him. He didn't reply nor asked her to stop. He was simply listening to everything in silence, it was only his brain did the work until he reached for a surprising conclusion.

The emperor was willing to give this grand palace for him and treat him like he was a royal. The emperor had given him so much when Dayu didn't give him anything in return yet. So what did the emperor expect from him actually?

His body?

That was an obvious answer by looking at the overflowed lust in the emperor's eyes whenever he stared at Dayu as if he wanted to rip all the clothes in Dayu's body with just one look.

But why the emperor insisted to place him in this grand palace when he just could simply take Dayu with force. Even so, Dayu decided to kill himself, find a substitute wouldn't be a problem at all for the emperor. He could have anyone he wanted out there; man or woman. So why it should be Dayu? What he wanted actually?

His submissive? His loyalty? Or... his heart?

Dayu's breath hitched at the idea. No matter how much he was struggling, in the very end, he might still end up succumbing to this emperor and gave up on his body in the emperor's bed.

But his heart was another thing.

The emperor could burn himself in hell or steal the Goddes's forbidden fruit in heaven just for Dayu, but he could never give his heart to the damned emperor. His heart was something priceless. Dayu's heart must cost the emperor his own life.